We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Esenboga airport public transportation

Tabriz, Iran
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Esenboga airport public transportation

We will a have 12-hour stop in Ankara and we plan to spend our time in Ankamall. I checked the web for public transportation options; there is a bus service (#442) from airport to city which has a stop in front of Ankamall, but I couldn't find the fare.

Also what is the best option for returning to airport in the evening (around 5pm from Ankamall)?

Any info would be appreciated..

Thanks

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Esenboga airport public transportation

I don't know about 442.

You can also pay 10 lira per person and take the HAVAŞ bus to city center, Ulus (not bus terminal, AŞTI), where the last stop is only 2km from Ankamall. You can take a taxi for that last bit for 6-7 liras.

Or if you find the HAVAŞ bus to the bus terminal (AŞTI), you can ask the driver if he could drop you at Ankamall. This route passes right in front of Ankamall, but it doesn't have a stop there. Maybe the driver will make an unofficial stop for you.

Edited: 20 March 2012, 14:10
Tabriz, Iran
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Esenboga airport public transportation

Dear nkt

Thanks for your advise,

actually I took the bus #442 in front of arrivals terminal for 5.25 TL, and dropped off in front of AnkaMall it was quite comfortable (trip duration was around 40 minutes);

For return I used subway from ankamall station and I got off in Ulus station, and then I walked for about 5 minutes and got the bus #442 for returning to airport (the station was in front of ministry of culture (google map coordinations: 39.938254,32.853123)), since it was roush hour it took 60 minutes.

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Esenboga airport public transportation

Thanks for this info Aydin. It will be useful for future visitors.

Patras, Greece
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Esenboga airport public transportation

Hello,

I will arrive at Ankara in the next days. I need to get to the Crowne hotel from the airport. Which is the best way to get there?

Any help/tip will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Nick

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Esenboga airport public transportation

Crowne Plaza is right next to Ankamall, so all advice above is valid.

Your trip has two legs:

1- Airport to city center: Either Havaş bus (to Ulus or AŞTİ) or bus442 (to Kızılay).

2- To hotel: Either taxi or metro. Ankara has two metro lines: red line marked with M on the surface, and green line marked with A on the surface.

- Ulus metro stop is on red, but not directly visible from where you get off the Havaş bus, so you'll have to ask where it is (or have a map) to walk to it.

- AŞTİ terminal has its own green line stop inside, so it is the easiest to find, but you have to go a longer way on the metro lines and change trains afterwards.

- Kızılay has the intersection of both lines, so you can get on the red line directly, but unlike the other two, it is not the last stop of your bus442, so you have to ask where to get off.

I suggest you google "Ankara subway map" to follow this a bit easier.

Edited: 17 March 2013, 13:25
Patras, Greece
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Esenboga airport public transportation

Thanks a lot for the quick reply and all the help.

Zagreb
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Esenboga airport public transportation

Hi! What is the best way to get from the airport to Sihhiye campus?

nkt
Ankara, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Ankara
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Esenboga airport public transportation

Sıhhiye is the subway stop on the red line between Ulus and Kızılay. Joining this information with my previous post: Take either bus442 to Kızılay or Havaş bus to Ulus. By the way, since it is only one stop from either side, you can take a taxi from either side for less than 10 liras as well. This might be a better option if you don't want to look for the subway stop or walk to it (upto 15 minutes from Havaş stop in case of Ulus), and then haul your luggage up and down subway stations.

Another thing: there are 20 universities in Ankara, and more than one of them have a campus in Sıhhiye. So you need to tell the name of the university to the taxi driver or people whom you ask directions.

Ankara, Turkey
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Esenboga airport public transportation

hello

i'd like go to airport from ulus could you help me on 9/12/2013 18:00

Ankara, Turkey
Level Contributor
4 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Esenboga airport public transportation

Although, it is too late to respond to the original question, I want to inform the others on how to use public transit efficiently from the airport to the city centre. There are two options right now. First is the "Havaş" bus, which is privately-run by Havaş company, and the second is the "Belko" bus (former public bus no:442), which is run by the municipality. Both buses are same in quality and comfort. You pay 5.5 TL to Belko and 10 TL to Havaş. Havaş can not go through Kızılay area (the centrum of Ankara), and it only stops at Ulus and AŞTİ (Ankara intercity coach terminal). On the other hand, Belko stops at some points on the road from the airpot to the city centre (namely Pursaklar, Hasköy, Aydınlıkevler) along with some points in the city centre (namely: İskitler, AŞTİ, Kızılay and Ulus). If you plan to go to AŞTİ or Ulus, Havaş is a faster option, but if you plan to go anywhere else, take the Belko bus. On final remark, Belko departs at every 20 minutes until 1 am. Havaş departs at every 30 minutes. Finally, none of these buses (usually) feature English-speaking staff or written information. Ask for help from an English speaking local or learn some Turkish words and phrases.