We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Bus Transportation to Ilocos Sur

fairfield...
Level Contributor
888 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Bus Transportation to Ilocos Sur

Hello Everybody,

I would like to travel to Ilocos Sur by bus. Can anybody suggest the best super deluxe (nothing less) bus to that area? Schedule? Leaving from what area in Manila? Best time to leave? I am not much of a bus rider, I would rather take the plane; however, this time I would try to tolerate the bus ride. I''ve taken PAL to Ilocos Norte before but still had to endure the bus ride to Ilocos Sur for 3 to 4 hours. thanks

manila
Level Contributor
67 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Bus Transportation to Ilocos Sur

The only bus that travel with DELUXE (not super) is PARTAS BUS, schedule is 11 or 12 midnight (I'm not sure) , station located in cubao,quezon city, best time to leave is night time 11 pm onward to avoid traffic, travel time from manila to ilocos SUR is 6-8 hours not 3-4 hours

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Bus Transportation to Ilocos Sur

I agree that PARTAS has one of the best super deluxe buses to Ilocos Sur. I'm not sure with the frequency though, and the last time my aunt took the super de luxe she was able to take one departing from their Pasay terminal. You can check the frequency of these deluxe buses by calling their Cubao terminal (7257303) or Pasay (8514025).

Of course if you have second thoughts on the whole buse ride and attempt to cut your bus trip, Cebu Pacific offers low fares to Laoag, much much lower compared to the PAL fares before. Check out www.cebupacificair.com.

fairfield...
Level Contributor
888 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Bus Transportation to Ilocos Sur

Thanks guys, I was advised to take Maria De Leon deluxe bus that left Manila at 9 a.m. It was tolerable. It was equipped with a comfort room in the back, air conditioned. (I took PAL to Laoag , Ilocos Norte in August ,stayed at Fort Ilocandia for 3 days, played golf at the golf course but spoiled by rain, rain, rain, but still took 3-4 hours to Ilocos Sur by van) Again,,thank you..

Manila
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Bus Transportation to Ilocos Sur

I recommend you the best Bus going to Ilocos Norte.

Farinas and Florida that the best Bus going to Ilocos.

5. Re: Best Bus Transportation to Ilocos Sur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 21:47