We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia Terminal same

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia Terminal same

Is the Air Asia Terminal the same if you arrive in Manila by A/Asia from K.L. as the domestic terminal from Zest (A/Asia) Hope that makes sense.

wondering whether I can get a zest plane with 2 hours to spare

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia Terminal same

as far as i know -yes u should arrive terminal 4 -you can check this with airasia ,not sure what you mean by second part -do you mean get an onward domestic flight after 2 hrs?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,585 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia Terminal same

Look at your ticket. If the flight numbers are both "Z2" which is the airline code of Zest Air then all of the flights of Z2 arrive and depart at Terminal 4. I would say that 2 hours is sufficient if your flight from KL would not be delayed.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia Terminal same

I would expect in answer to my question that 2 hours was enough, so long as it was in the same terminal.

I am looking at a flight which arrives from K.L to Manila at 3 pm then maybe just have enough time to get a Zest flight which leaves at 5pm to fly to Palawan.

Dont have the tickets yet,so thought I would ask the question.

Still unsure what do to.

What is Zest airlines like, saw a few reviews before Air Asia took a large control of the airline,and the reviews where not good, But with Air Asia behind them I would hope they might improve.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia Terminal same

In my opinion, I will try to avoid Zest even though AA is a large stakeholder now.

I would rather fly with Cebu Pacific. Though they are not perfect but I have more confidence in them.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia Terminal same

BTW, even if it is in the same terminal, I would advise you to give yourself another hour for more leeway.

Planes may be late due to airspace, airport or runway congestion. So two hours is a little tight unless your flight is on time.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia Terminal same

To be honest when I saw the reviews I thought of Cebu but their flights dont leave late in the afternoon, meaning a night in Manila where I rather be in Palawan. 2 hours if things work on time, but as you say if things dont work out I be staying in Manila anyway.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,833 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia Terminal same

<<In my opinion, I will try to avoid Zest even though AA is a large stakeholder now.>>

I agree with you mousehunt. Zest Air has a horrible reputation and Air Asia being involved (so far) hasn't changed that. I won't fly Zest Air at all.

OS_here_we_come. You need to leave a lot more than 2 hours for connecting, even in the same terminal. Your flight from KL could be delayed. Even if it is on time, getting through Immigration, collecting luggage and then to the check in desk for the domestic flight before check in closes 45 minutes before departure is really cutting it close. I would say 4 hours is a safer window of time to plan.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia Terminal same

well the latest flight with zest is 5pm ,not sure if there are later with other airline ,so probably best to overnight

9. Re: Air Asia Terminal same

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 15:35
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,585 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia Terminal same

2 hours is more than enough if everything goes well but even 3 hours is not enough if the flight from KL is delayed by more than one hour. Nobody yet knows whether your flight would be on-time or not.