We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

male prices of food and drink

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
male prices of food and drink

Hi

can anyone help me we have a flight and b & b in male and wondering is it expensive to eat and drink out???

Any tips appreciated as first timer :))))))))

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: male prices of food and drink

drink out .... you do realize that you cannot drink alcohol in male , yes?

eating out .. you can eat at the seahouse for example very cheaply .. about 5- 8 dollars a meal

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: male prices of food and drink

what drinking is totally forbidden??? what kind of holiday is that???

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: male prices of food and drink

And if you really are holidaying on Male itself, I hope you weren't imagining a "bikinis on the beach" type of vibe......

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: male prices of food and drink

Where exactly are you staying?

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,651 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: male prices of food and drink

If you are traveling to a Maldives resort / island do worry you can drink your self silly once there :-)

But there is no alcohol in male :-(

Its also worth remembering you cannot take your own alcohol into the Maldives so if you purchase duty free on the way out it will be confiscated on arrival

Good luck

Darryl

Edited: 20 September 2012, 00:48
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: male prices of food and drink

yes.. like paul says ... where are you staying ? it probably is a resort outside of male and you are fine

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: male prices of food and drink

Absolutely. No one holidays in male, it's like saying I am going on holiday to the airport ( and yes I realise the different locations).

Male is not where you holiday, it's a congested and quite unpleasant capital. People holiday in a resort island in the Maldives.

As others have said, where are you staying?

Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
614 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: male prices of food and drink

If you are in Male the seagull restaurant is nice, you will know if you are in the right place aa it has a tree growing straight theough the middle of the restaurant. From memory when we last ate there in May, small dishes were 20Rf to 40Rf and a main dish was around 80Rf. The chicken and sweetcorn soup is scrummy and the ice cream is to die for. I think the exchange rate is around 15 Rufia to 1 US Dollar. They accept US $ as payment.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: male prices of food and drink

There is a really nice Thai restaurant too... Thai Wok I think it was called. Seagulls cafe is pretty decent too.. and does lovely ice cream! :)

If you are staying in Male itself, and you want to drink, the best bet would be to get one of the ferry taxis over to the airport and go to the airport hotel for a drink. You definitely won't get anything in Male.

10. Re: male prices of food and drink

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 06:49