We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maldives weather in October

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Maldives weather in October

Hello, I am looking to book a trip to Maldives for the end of October, but am unsure how the weather will be,and if it will be worth it. Please let me know and thanks in advance!

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,626 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maldives weather in October

Take a look at the FAQ's on this page to the right, that the DE's have spent time compiling.

John

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,840 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maldives weather in October

Hi

We have been in Oct / Nov and only saw a few hours rain in 14 days :-) but the weather is a lottery

As John say the best place to get

an understanding of what to expect is the FAQS butt remember its a guide not set in stone :-)

good luck

Darryl

Edited: 02 September 2012, 12:54
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,414 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maldives weather in October

Hi

May - November is the wet season and the weather is pretty similar during those months. You could be lucky and have lots of sunshine and little rain. Equally you could be unlucky and have grey skies and lots of heavy rain. Unfortunately, no-one can tell you which.

OD

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maldives weather in October

We went for 10 NTS last oct and had a few spots one day and some rain one night

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,638 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maldives weather in October

We went a few years back (2009 I think) for 11 nights arriving 31st oct. And unluckily got an unbelievable 11 days of rain & drizzle. Hardly spent any time sunbathing or snorkelling (sea too rough). Wouldn't have been so bad probably if we'd had a better room/island.

Would like to go nov this year but we are thinking twice (at least) about it!

england
Level Contributor
2,419 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maldives weather in October

Lynphd - Patchesmum and I went to Thudu at the end of November/beginning of December last year and had great weather. As you know you cannot predict the weather based on what happened last year! I can see how your experience would make you a little hesitant but you would have to be incredibly unlucky to get it like that again - hope that's not famous last words.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,638 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maldives weather in October

I know 0n0n, but we only have 7 nts available this time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maldives weather in October

If you only have 7 nights, my advice is always to bite the (financial) bullet and book the dry season. Except for once, we've always had 7 sunny days, very little wind, calm (often flat) sea and perfect visibility.

It's s-o-o-o depressing sitting around looking at grey skies and rough sea.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,638 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maldives weather in October

Except we've already booked mirihi for next year. This is for the remains of this year.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
13,834 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maldives weather in October

i have been in oct and had brilliant weather in one year and 10/15 days of rain in another ... no way to predict . thats why the prices are lower in rainy season