We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester flights to Maldive cancelled for summer 2012

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Manchester flights to Maldive cancelled for summer 2012

Can anyone one shed some light on this please . I have booked a family holiday to Centara Grand 27th June 2012 Manchester to Male with Thomson.I looked to see if I got a good price and the flight is no longer there at all and flight schedule is now only from Gatwick. Phoned Thomson and they can tell me nothing as they have had no notification from head office!!!!! So upset as this was a dream holiday with direct flights which was important as we have 2 young children one with special needs. ARGH !!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester flights to Maldive cancelled for summer 2012

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293953-i7445-k5…

Lots of discussion already on the forum. You need to go back to your tour operator and push for alternatives.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester flights to Maldive cancelled for summer 2012

thanks Jody2803

Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester flights to Maldive cancelled for summer 2012

Hi, we also were booked with Thomson to fly from Manchester to male in june this year. We had great difficulty getting Thomson to admit all flights are now cancelled from Manchester. They gave us 3 options, cancel, choose another destination or give us £75 and fly from gatwick. We cancelled and have rebooked with kuoni. We can't understand why Thomson have not informed travellers that they have cancelled Manchester flights this summer, it is absolutely disgraceful, and there are obviously many people who aren't yet aware of this.

4. Re: Manchester flights to Maldive cancelled for summer 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 February 2012, 02:05
uk
Level Contributor
533 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester flights to Maldive cancelled for summer 2012

Check your messages kmclga - have sent you some details. I think that everyone who's booked Manchester flights will have been told now. Our TA said there were only 400 bookings in total - the Trafford Centre were only dealing with 4 bookings, 12 passengers in all and low numbers was the reason they'd had no alternative but to suspend the flights.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchester flights to Maldive cancelled for summer 2012

i have finaly cancelled today after turning down the emirates flight 4 times the flying out option was good but flying back at 22.55pm after being out of your room at 12 they told me they were trying to let us stay on the island till 17.00 but that still left 6hrs at the airport and 5.5 hrs at Dubai airport waiting to change planes I think not, They tried to dress it up by saying there was lovely tax free shopping at Dubai air port (even my wife draws a line at 02.00am shopping ) I asked them why we could not have the 10.00 Emiates flight as it was on Emirates web site for the same price but was turned down flat. We normaly have at least 2 holidays a year with Thomson but as i pointed out to them that has finished and heres me thinking travel companies were in trouble.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manchester flights to Maldive cancelled for summer 2012

Should have taken the flights, its not that bad plus you would have got the A380 back, well worth the wait :)

grimsby england
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manchester flights to Maldive cancelled for summer 2012

im flying from man-male in september with emirates..booked through thomsons..eeeekkkkk..i havent been told anything :-(

Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Manchester flights to Maldive cancelled for summer 2012

Emirates is fine, it's the actual Thomson plane/flight that has been cancelled so hope that puts your mind at rest :-)

Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Manchester flights to Maldive cancelled for summer 2012

Ignore my last post... Colleague was also supposed to be on Manchester emirates and has just received a letter saying her flight has got to be rescheduled... Its her honeymoon as well. Seems like Manchester is losing a lot of flights!