We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysia evisa experience (from India)

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
Malaysia evisa experience (from India)

This is for folks who are applying for Malaysia evisa from India, as I didnt find much material online I have put my experience here for others

Step1: Scan your passport first and last page, photos, birth certificate ( if your children are minor), hotel reservation and airline tickets. Photos make sure it adheres to the specs mentioned on the website. Else it gets rejected and application is incomplete.

The document type is *.jpeg for Passport and Photos all others can be *.pdf.

Step2: Register at https://www.windowmalaysia.my/evisa/evisa.jsp

Rest is all menu driven upload of all documents. If the scan is not as per their standards it gets rejected and an email notification is sent. So make sure you check your email and re-upload any document i.e mentioned in the email.

Step3: Payment is cumbersome as you need to make 2 payment per application ( one for USD25 and the other for INR1050) they will not be done together. You can add others to your login , I added my wife and 2 kids but the upload process and payment are done separately for each application. So I had to do 8 transactions on my credit card for 4 applications.

After 24 hours I received my evisa in my email. Hope this helps.

371 replies to this topic
Faridabad
Level Contributor
109 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Malaysia evisa experience (from India)

Thanks for adding this thread.. I was looking for this info when we travelled in Aug..

You have captured it well - one just needs to be cautious of the standards for photo and other docs. Otherwise it is a very smooth process.

2 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Malaysia evisa experience (from India)

Hi Tavanur

Thanks for posting this. I hope you don't mind answering a few questions to help me out:

1. How long did it take you to get the evisa approval?

2. Did you upload any documents for the "OTHER" section? It asks for Flight, Accomodation, and OTHER but doesn't say if anything is required there.

3. Does the visa say duration of stay as 30 days or something like that? I believe it should. Just wondering if it's issued as 30 days or based on your itinerary?

Do please let me know. THANKS! :)

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Malaysia evisa experience (from India)

1. How long did it take you to get the evisa approval?

>>It took 24 hours

2. Did you upload any documents for the "OTHER" section? It asks for Flight, Accomodation, and OTHER but doesn't say if anything is required there.

>> I am staying at two places in Malaysia, so in the other I uploaded the second hotel reservation.

3. Does the visa say duration of stay as 30 days or something like that? I believe it should. Just wondering if it's issued as 30 days or based on your itinerary?

>> Date of issuance is 24 hours after your application is submitted. It doesn't look at your itinerary. Its valid for 3 months for a stay of 30 days single entry. Wordings from the visa: Good for a single journey to Malaysia within 3 months from date hereof, provided that this passport remains valid.

5 posts
4. Re: Malaysia evisa experience (from India)

Thanks a lot for this information ! ! ! Even i was searching all over internet as it was too late for applying for Visa due to our last minute plans for Malaysia travel from Singapore.. And actually this seems to be easy and fastest way ! ! !

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
13 posts
45 reviews
5. Re: Malaysia evisa experience (from India)

So you neednt necessarily go through VFS for getting your tourist visa? If this works then I can save so much on the consultancy fees!

2 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Malaysia evisa experience (from India)

Thanks for replying tavanur. That was really helpful. I applied but due to Malaysia national day my evisa took 3 days (also because of the weekend).

Also just came across this indepth writeup about Malaysia eVisa process for Indians:

https://bkpk.me/malaysia-evisa-for-indians/

Looks like the service is actually run by VFS in conjunction with the malaysian govt.

Edited: 20 September 2016, 11:56
Gangtok, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Malaysia evisa experience (from India)

hi, thank you for this very helpful post. it is very useful for me as I am planning to visit Thailand and Malaysia with my wife. this saves a lot of internet search and spending for people intending to go there like myself.

8. Re: Malaysia evisa experience (from India)

thanks a lot for sharing all this useful information. These discussions hv cleared all my doubts regarding e visa to malaysia.

Chennai, India
Level Contributor
124 posts
253 reviews
9. Re: Malaysia evisa experience (from India)

Is Malaysia visa fee increasing?.

Heard this news and applied last week through a travel agency and got the visa today (as I like to have few countries' visa stamped on the passport, instead of eVisa or VOA). The embassy issued one year multiple entry visa. Total paid is Rs.3400 including travel agent charges.

Chennai, India
Level Contributor
124 posts
253 reviews
10. Re: Malaysia evisa experience (from India)

Hran1

<<So you neednt necessarily go through VFS for getting your tourist visa? If this works then I can save so much on the consultancy fees!>>

See my previous post.

In eVisa one may save just a few hundreds of Indian rupees (for applying in India). But by applying through the travel agency, I got Multiple entry visa valid for one year. So one can plan several travels through Malaysia to other countries too.

Edited: 21 September 2016, 22:06
Reply to: Malaysia evisa experience (from India)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted