We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sky bar in July

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Sky bar in July

Hi

Can anyone tell me what time we should book sky bar to see sunset and light up of towers? We plan to go on 17th July.

Thanks!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,925 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sky bar in July

email Traders Hotel on the contact on their web page - in the topic put 'Booking Sky Bar'. I just booked this week and heard back within hours as well.

Caroline.

NSW
Level Contributor
406 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sky bar in July

I emailed a booking a few days ago. Confirmation back within 12 hours.

skybar.thkl@tradershotels.com

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Sky bar in July

Great, thank you! I think I have been e mailing the wrong address.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sky bar in July

hi all, just was there a couple of weeks ago and worth it for the great view,there was only the 2 of us so plenty of room but the cabana next to us had a group of 5 and seemed a little squashed to me.we went at 7pm and as suggested in earlier posts that is around the best time.they have 2 for 1 drink offers and a snack menu is available.

have fun-cheers

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Sky bar in July

Yay! Got my e mail confirmation of booking :) dies anyone remember if there are any food on the menu suitable for kids? Should I feed my daughter before we go? Thanks!

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,393 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Sky bar in July

I was just looking at the snack menu, I suggest you feed your daughter (and yourselves) before you go!. I don't know how many pieces you get but they are around 24 rm upwards... I would assume there is ++ to be added as well.

Perhaps someone else can add more info.

Edited: 07 March 2012, 22:38
Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Sky bar in July

I have just booked at table for the 14th july and was informed

"A gentle reminder, we only hold your reservation time for 15 minutes from the time its reserved, reason being table are in very high demand and its very difficult to keep them after that time. "

Does that mean we can only have the table for 15 minutes and than we have to stand ? I was hoping we could enjoy the spot for a bit longer.

Karen

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
617 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Sky bar in July

Sorry to hi-jack... If I was to book for 6.45, would we get kicked out at 7pm, as i would be with my wife and 1 year old baby. I understand minors are not allowed after 7pm?

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Sky bar in July

It means they will hold the table for 15 minutes after the reserved time so if you are late and arrive after 16 minutes of your reserved time you don't have a table. So don't be late! Arrive earlier then your reserved time! :)

country victoria
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Sky bar in July

The food is really nice but just like all high end hotels, it is not cheap! And yes you will be hit with all the usual service charges. In saying that I consider a visit to the sky bar as a highlight so put on some nice clothes, and go and sit back, enjoy a cocktail and take in that spectacular view!

Something to be aware of. You are right next to the pool which is open until 7 pm for it's patrons. To me this is.a Bit off putting and so, another reason to go later rather than earlier!

Shona

Edited: 08 March 2012, 04:19