We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KL Sentral to Pasar Seni after midnight

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
141 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
KL Sentral to Pasar Seni after midnight

H there!

Our AirAsia plane will land around 22:25 at LCCT. Considerinig the flight delay, the immigration delay and the transport time to KL Sentral (with Skybus) we will be in the city around 1 am.

Our accommodation will be matahari lodge, close to Pasar Seni MRT station.

What do you think what is the best way to get there considering crime, MRT operating hours, etc.?

a) walk (is it wise to walk there at night?)

b) MRT (is is operating that time?)

c) taxi (how much would it cost?)

Thanks!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KL Sentral to Pasar Seni after midnight

a) No

b) No

c) I doubt the taxi coupon counter at KL Sentral (for fixed taxi fare) would be opened at that time of the night although taxis would still be available. The driver might refuse to use meter and you might be asked to pay quite excessively for the service considering it's well past midnight. Normal taxi fare using a meter during the day from KL Sentral to Pasar Seni would not exceed MYR10 and the midnight surcharge is 50%.

If I were you, I'd rather take a taxi from LCCT direct to my hotel at that time of the night just to avoid all the hassle. You might just be able to avoid the midnight rate. The normal direct taxi fare from LCCT to Pasar Seni area would be around MYR75.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
141 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KL Sentral to Pasar Seni after midnight

Thanks Anonymou5.

Can someone please confirm that there is no taxi counter at KL Sentral after midnight?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
244 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KL Sentral to Pasar Seni after midnight

Judging from this article (Oct 2011), it closes at 2AM.

thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp…

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KL Sentral to Pasar Seni after midnight

@TomDiv, if you do decide to go for the bus+taxi at KL Sentral, do come back here and share with us your experience :-)

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KL Sentral to Pasar Seni after midnight

Yeah i would agree, it would be better taking a cab all the way from LCCT.

6. Re: KL Sentral to Pasar Seni after midnight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 15:16