We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customs & Immigration at LCCT Airport

perth
Level Contributor
400 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Customs & Immigration at LCCT Airport

Hi,

I just wondered if anybody can tell me how swift the service for Immigration & Customs are at The LCCT KL. I am flying from Perth ( Air Asia ) and like to connect and go to Bangkok and am considering purchasing a flight that leaves 3 hours after the arrival time in KL. Am I cutting this too fine.

Can anybody advise.

Regards Mal

ballarat
Level Contributor
263 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Customs & Immigration at LCCT Airport

Hi

Usually it is a very quick through LCCT pretty quick through passport, luggage wait not as bad as some airports and theres no such thing as customs. Well at least the kalf a dozen times I have been through I jhavent encounted any. 3 hours should be OK, we have done it on more than one occassion.

perth
Level Contributor
400 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Customs & Immigration at LCCT Airport

Thanks for you info.

Mal

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,745 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Customs & Immigration at LCCT Airport

Hi

to be a bit more specific, it normally takes around 30-60mins to clear at the airport - depends on how many other planes are landing etc.

Most forums normally suggest allowing at minimum of 3 hours between Air Asia flights in / out of LCCT.

The only down side is, should your incoming flight be delayed only you can decide on the risk of missing the flight, as if you do miss your onward flight to Bangkok with Air Asia you will have to buy new tickets for another flight.

Have a great one!

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Customs & Immigration at LCCT Airport

We've done the Perth to KL leg with AirAsia, but with going to Bangkok we've always picked the later flight. We've done this about 4 times and each time we could have made it onto the earlier time like yours and spewing that we've had to wait hours at the airport.

Agree with TravellingMItch on times. I have noticed though that they don't give out immigration cards for KL on the plane anymore. So when you arrive there is a rush for everyone filling in the cards. Lucky me I always have a handful of spare ones that I fill in at home before I leave.

Also if you only have hand luggage then the process is quick.

Another thing is if you do a web check in for the Bangkok flight, this saves time, as there is usually 2 lines (1 for web check in's which is quick and the other line for people that haven't done a web check in) .

5. Re: Customs & Immigration at LCCT Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2011, 10:47