We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunway Lagoon vs Genting Highlands

Queensland Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sunway Lagoon vs Genting Highlands

Trying to decide which would be a better day. Reading the forums it seems that most would say that Genting is over rated and under maintained. The cable car ride does sound fun though. My children are 15 and 12 years old. Any suggestions other than shopping of course? They aren't too interested in museums or culture - unfortunately

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,377 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunway Lagoon vs Genting Highlands

IMO Genting is just waste of time/ money. It could not even be called a poor version of amusement park. There is zero amusement over there.

Sunway is definitely more fun and better value for money.

Have you been to Bird Park, KL Planetarium?

Queensland Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunway Lagoon vs Genting Highlands

Just as I suspected. I think we will try Sunway. I will do a little research into Planetarium and Bird park

Many thanks - you have been most helpful

Edited: 30 July 2010, 16:41
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunway Lagoon vs Genting Highlands

Hi,

We didn't go to Genting, but I could see two kids the age of yours having heaps of fun at Sunway..

Have a fun trip.

Kerrie

4. Re: Sunway Lagoon vs Genting Highlands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 12:47