We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal M

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Terminal M

My mother is travelling alone from India to Brisbane, Australia through Malaysian airlines. She will arrive at terminal M in KLIA and has to depart to Brisbane through the same terminal M. What is terminal M? Is it easy for her to get connect to her next flight in terminal M? Because she does not know English, it may difficult for her to get connect her next flight. More over this is her first experience. Are they going to provide any assistance for her? Do we need collect our main baggage in KLIA?

Please reply for this..I am so tensed...

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terminal M

Have never heard of terminal M or seen terminal M at the KLIA.

Perhaps they are referring to the Main Terminal Building as opposed to the satillite terminal.

If she does not speak English, perhaps you can write her a sign that says "My mother does not speak English, could you help her to get to her boarding gate for flight MHXXX to Brisbane?"

Map of KLIA www.klia.com.my/klia2008eng/map/main.html

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,932 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terminal M

You can also ask for assistance, sometimes called 'meet and greet' from Malaysian Airlines.

They can assist your mother from the plane and help her to get to the next connecting flight. Also if your mother needs any special assistance such as a wheelchair or help by using one of the buggies to get her around.

Just ask your travel agent if you booked through them or ring Malaysian Airlines direct and explain he situation and that your mum does not speak English. You will find the number on the Malaysian airlines website, see below. You can either ring the office in India or in Australia

malaysiaairlines.com/in/en/contact-us.aspx

If it was my parent this is what I would do. And it will ease your worry that your other is being looked after. Airlines do this all the time for passengers so its not unusual

You will not need to collect the baggage from KLIA as it will be routed all the way through to the final destination which is Brisbane. So checked it in in India, and pick it up in Brisbane, this is as she is travelling all the way through with Malaysian.

I dont know what terminal M is either but like maic suspect the same its the main terminal.

Need any more help just ask.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,125 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terminal M

Hi

You may find this link (which is also in FAQ Airport clearing customs a really useful read.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298570-i7008-k3…

On my tickets terminal M was in fact KLIA itself! Which is made up of 2 buildings (connected by a simple to use aerotrain). Most wide bodied planes which the BNE to KUL and KUL to India flights will be all leave at the Satelite building at KLIA terminal.

Its all very, very simple!

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Terminal M

thank you very much

5. Re: Terminal M

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 12:45