We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi help - 4 days in KL- arrange a taxi from airport

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
92 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi help - 4 days in KL- arrange a taxi from airport

Hello,

I am always grateful for all the help I receive on this forum. So thanking all your destination experts and others who will reply -

We are 2 adults and 3 children 9,7,5

We plan to be in KL for 4-5 days. We are not staying at a hotel, just a private residence near the city center.

I think we would like to do Genting for one day. We will go by taxi. Can someone tell me how to arrange for a taxi? I am told that the apartment is on the main road, so getting a taxi is not a problem. But I still would like to arrange a taxi from airport to this area.

We will reach on Saturday morning at 7.30 a.m

We just plan to chill the first day and go to Petronas tower and may be central market

On Sunday we would liek to go to Bird Park, Butterfly park, and Batu Caves. (Is the Fireflies a different place?).

Can all this be done on Sunday? How can I arrange a taxi for this and how much should I pay for this fare?

For Genting- I thought Monday would be a good time to go to Genting. Again, what taxi fare to expect?

Should I reserve the taxi for coming back too or reserve in advance (in which case how to do that?)

Also , for the Genting tickets - should we get a full day pass for indoor and outdoor? We hope to stay there from 11.00 a.m onwards till evening.

Is that too long - (considering the heat and weather).

Anything else I should be doing?

Other than that we will probably just hangout at the Bukit Bintan area- go to the fish spa - and just shopping.

Please advise

Thanks in advance...

Asmairf

Mentioned in this post
Kuala Lumpur Bird Park
Kuala Lumpur Bird Park
7,168 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Batu Caves
Batu Caves
11,717 Reviews
Batu Caves, Malaysia
Bintan Island
Bintan Island
Bintan Regency, Indonesia
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,410 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi help - 4 days in KL- arrange a taxi from airport

There is really no need to arrange at taxi at the airport to get you from your apartment to Genting.

Here are a few options -

There is driver called CK who seems to be used quite often by people on this forum. You can do a search here for his number and use his services

You can call the taxi service that I use on a regular basis Jenny :+60123789428 to arrange something for you.

The fireflies is at a different place, about a 90min drive from KL.

Taxi fare to Genting approx RM100-150 as its a 90min drive too. May not be necessary to reserve taxi back since you going on Monday.

Genting is on a hill and is very cool. So whether you stay till evening nothing to do with the heat, rather whether your children have the stamina.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi help - 4 days in KL- arrange a taxi from airport

1/ Even with kids on board I would give Genting a miss. Completely and utterly disappointing experience. Nothing like Universal or Disney, just a couple of lousy pathetic rides and LONG waiting lines. Total waste of time IMO.

Better go to Sunway Lagoon.

2/ Bird Park, Butterfly park - highly recommended. Also in the area you may check Planetarium and Museum of Islamic Art. Batu Caves in the same day is also doable.

3/ For taxi to -from airport, please check FAQ. All answers are there.

Mentioned in this post
Sunway Lagoon
Sunway Lagoon
2,890 Reviews
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur Bird Park
Kuala Lumpur Bird Park
7,168 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Batu Caves
Batu Caves
11,717 Reviews
Batu Caves, Malaysia
3. Re: Taxi help - 4 days in KL- arrange a taxi from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2010, 11:46