We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Party supplies

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
376 reviews
Save Topic
Party supplies

We are staying in the Bukit Bintang area and was wondering if there was any party supply shops, as where I'm from it is very limited.

Looking at things like:

party loot bags, party hats, balloons with girly pictures on them, little girl novelty things to put in party bags. Any girly theme is fine like, butterflies, fairies, Dora, Bratz etc

Thanks for any replies.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,628 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Party supplies

lulu! you might like to know that the term 'girlie pictures' conjures up something entirely different here in the uk. more page three than kindy! :)

pam

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,774 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Party supplies

LOL! Pam, too true! Same applies to girly theme . . . .!!

The joy of the multi-cultural 'english' language. A bit like the post about wearing thongs when going out at night - means a totally different thing to Aussies as it does to Brits!!

Although is some shops you may find things that you can put into the party loot bags, buy balloons, hats etc, (Sungei Wang in particular) but have not seen much in the way of party shops.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Party supplies

Pam, we have the Sun here in Malaysia as well, but the page three is perpetually missing! I wonder why. We use word like pants in the broader sence of the word but I have an English friend who would tell me, quite indignantly , that only Superman wears pants on the outside, so 've been keeping mine on the inside underneath the trousers since,lol.

Lulu, as for party supplies, I can only come up with one in One Utama mall, Balloon Buzz Party Centre. Copy the link

www.1utama.com.my/Tenant/TenantView.aspx…

Can't tell whether they stock extensively what you're looking for. As TM mentioned, Sungei Wang should have these kinds of things.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Party supplies

Dear Lulu,

There are two party supply stores that I go to get my party favors.They are Balloon Buzz Party Centre in Great Eastern Mall and Party World ( my fave ) in Ikano Power Centre. Unfortunately for you, they are both quite a distance from BB. However you can look for some party stuff like party bags, balloons, blowers etc in the stores like Parkson and Toys r us and even Coldstorage supermarket. I can't recall seeing any Dora and Bratz stuff but there'll be plenty of Disney Princesses and Barbie theme stuff. Maybe you can have a look at some nice stores catering to girls in KLCC like Miss Whatever and Girls ( near the Secret Recipe outlet ) on the 2nd flr for supplements like hairclips, bracelets,pins,necklaces, novelty rings , pens and pencils, fairy wings, tiaras and stickers. I put these stuff in my girl's party bags and they are always a hit with the girls.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Party supplies

Sorry, I meant Party @World not Prty World

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Party supplies

You could take a look at Party Princess, level 5 at the Pavillion. It's on my list of places I went to last time and want to revist next time. I remember that there was another shop next door where I bought glamourous masquerade masks for about 10MR and there was heaps of fabulous stuff in there that my daughter just loved but wasn't expensive, being the pavillion!

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Party supplies

thanks guys, I will take a look at Sungei Wang and Pavillion, as we are staying across the road from Sungei Wang.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Party supplies

There is a Girls store in Pavilion on Level 5. You should check out Teddy Tales too, also on the same level.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Party supplies

We are planning an adults party this weekend and trying to find wigs,moustaches,red noses etc

Does anyone know where I can track this stuff down?

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Party supplies

I'm now back and I got all my loot bag things from Chinatown.

Got bracelets, necklaces, keychains, stickerse, bought more than 20 of each and got 50% off. So in the end the :

bracelets cost $1.70myr each

Necklace cost $2.00myr each

stickers- whole sheet for $1.00myr

keychains- cost $1.00 myr each.

Also ended up buying Dora loot bags, whistles, Strawberry Shortcake loot bags etc.

If you're interested I'll send the shop details to you.

To GMC13- I didn't see in Chinatown many shops that had adult party stuff. There was 2 there, which could have had what you wanted, it's just that I didn't pay attention to the adult things. These shops were open during the day, but I think they close early evening. They don't open into the night.

Take a walk and look at the permament shops there, not the stalls that are set up on the roads, you might be lucky.