We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fare, Distance and Time to reach Genting Skyway

India
Level Contributor
86 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Fare, Distance and Time to reach Genting Skyway

Dear All,

I would like to know the Taxi fare its distance and time taken to reach Genting Skyway from KLCC.

and

Genting Express bus from Titiwangsa(address and how far is it from the monorail station. Do we need to advance book for the tickets? any online options to do so.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Pradeep

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,926 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Fare, Distance and Time to reach Genting Skyway

The cable car station is about an hour from Sentral.

You can catch the Genting Express Bus from Sentral. It seems to be a good idea to book ahead. The buses we were on were totally full both ways. They might be emptier around the middle of the day. There is a booth for Genting at KL Sentral - it is right near where the Air Asia buses come in from the airport and the cabs wait in this area as well. You can book there.

You can get a pass called 'Go Genting' which includes return bus, return cable car and theme park admission. It was excellent value. You can only book this at the Genting ticket booths. Check their web page for more information.

We got a cab from the cable car station back to our hotel in Bukit Bintang. From memory (we had to bargain hard) I think it was around 70MYR.

Caroline.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Fare, Distance and Time to reach Genting Skyway

1. Taxi fare from KLCC to Genting skyway can be anything between RM 80-200 by the mercy of the cab drivers if they even want to go there. Time taken - about 1.5 hours depending on traffic going out of KL.

2. No idea why you want to go titiwangsa? But the Genting buses leave hourly from many stations around the city including Pasarakyat, Pudu and KL Sentral. Buy your tickets a day ahead if you are traveling on the weekend or school/public holidays. The GoGenting package can be purchased at the booths or at their main office, Wisma Genting, next to Crowne Plaza Mutiara Hotel (monorail Raja chulan). Here is their website, all the info you need is on the website.

http://www.rwgenting.com/

rwgenting.com/en/…golden_package130809b.jpg

India
Level Contributor
86 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Fare, Distance and Time to reach Genting Skyway

Thanks Caroline and Global_traveller for your replies.

after some research i did find pasarkyat would be the best option for genting express bus. So will book in a day in advance as we wil be visiting genting on Sunday i.e 20th dec.

Does the genting express bus stop at Batu Caves?? i am planning to do that while coming back.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Edited: 01 December 2009, 15:34
Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Fare, Distance and Time to reach Genting Skyway

no, bus heads directly back

India
Level Contributor
86 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Fare, Distance and Time to reach Genting Skyway

Thanks Global, if we do want to do batu caves i guess we take a taxi if available for our return journey...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Fare, Distance and Time to reach Genting Skyway

i think its cheapest to get the bus back from genting to KL Sentral. NOt sure if they really pass by Batu caves, ask the driver if he can drop you there. Malaysian bus drivers usually drop passengers off all over the place - roadside, petrol station etc as long as its on the way. If he says no, then just get out at KL Sentral, buy a coupon cab to Batu Caves (under RM 20).

Not sure when you are coming back from Genting into KL, but if its evening and raining/thunderstorms, then forget about the batu caves.

India
Level Contributor
86 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Fare, Distance and Time to reach Genting Skyway

Yeah good advice global thanks.

But do we get taxis at genting skyway??? if we can hire a taxi we can cover batu caves..( again if weather permits) but in mid december i guess its clear...hopefully.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Fare, Distance and Time to reach Genting Skyway

Hi, sure, you can try to hire one outside the many hotels or flag one down. No no need to get all the down to the Skyway station to hire one. As I said, you have to bargain with the driver; it can cost anything between RM 100-200 esp if he has to wait for you at Batu caves and bring you back to your hotel after that. The bus and taxi coupon is still the cheapest way. or you can do batu caves on another morning.

9. Re: Taxi Fare, Distance and Time to reach Genting Skyway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2010, 10:48