We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuala Kubu Bharu transportation?

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
157 posts
376 reviews
Kuala Kubu Bharu transportation?

Hi all

how can I get from kuala lumpur to kuala kubu bharu in a budget way? Grab or there are trains? I need to be there around 8 am on a Sunday. and should be returning to Kuala lumpur by 1 in the afternoon.

4 replies to this topic
Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
113 reviews
1. Re: Kuala Kubu Bharu transportation?

There is a train station. You can take the KTM Komuter train there. However getting there at 8am is not possible by train. I think the first one only reaches there at 8:34am.

However please note that the train station is about 3.2km away from the town.

Edited: 16 August 2018, 18:07
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Kuala Kubu Bharu transportation?

There are limited through services from KL Sentral to Tanjung Malim due to upgrading works. To get to Kuala Kubu Bharu by train in the morning, you'll have to take the MRT to Sungai Buloh and transfer to the Komuter train there.

According to the timetable on the KTM website, the first train arrives at Kuala Kubu Bharu at 8.34am: …ktmb.com.my/…202018.pdf

Seems like Grab is the best option if you need to arrive early.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
157 posts
376 reviews
3. Re: Kuala Kubu Bharu transportation?

thank you guys for your help.

I guess it seems like grab will be the option for early arrival …

Mind you, according to the timetable posted there are no direct trains back to KL sentral , they stop at KEPONG, how to get from there to KL ? or will grab also be the only option ?

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
113 reviews
4. Re: Kuala Kubu Bharu transportation?

The railway track between Kepong to KL Sentral is partially closed for upgrading works. This is why the majority of trains from the north terminate at Kepong.

As highlighted in post #2 above, get off the train in Sungai Buloh instead. Then take the MRT to wherever it is you want to go in Kuala Lumpur. The MRT goes direct to Bukit Bintang; or if you want to go to KL Sentral, get off at Muzium Negara and walk via tunnel/ elevated walkway to KL Sentral.

Edited: 17 August 2018, 07:04
Reply to: Kuala Kubu Bharu transportation?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted