We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which prepaid taxi company?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
476 posts
122 reviews
Which prepaid taxi company?

Hello;

I'll be arriving to KUL in a couple of weeks for the first time (late) and will be looking to take a pre-paid taxi to my hotel.

Is "Airport Limo" one of many companies to choose from? If so, what other ones are recommended?

Thank you in advance!

4 replies to this topic
Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
150 reviews
1. Re: Which prepaid taxi company?

If you are arriving at Kuala Lumpur Airport there is no need to pay for a taxi in advance.

After Immigation and Customs, go to the taxi counter near the terminal exit, tell them where you want to go and they will sell you a voucher. Price is then fixed. Go out the door to the taxi rank and give the taxi driver the voucher and off you go. Cost around RM 90 for a budget taxi and RM 120 for a premium taxi.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
476 posts
122 reviews
2. Re: Which prepaid taxi company?

@ bigw;

Thank you so much for the information and directions!

If there is only one taxi counter, then it will be very straight forward.

For some reason, I had imagined many different companies, with varying reputations, so wanted to know in advance which ones to look out for.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
6,469 posts
84 reviews
3. Re: Which prepaid taxi company?

Hi NW,

There are other companies and limo services as well as dodgy touts , but only the one coupon taxi company. Once you tell them your destination, they tap into their register and the fee is displayed. Very transparent. After midnight till 6am there is a 50% surcharge applied. The other option is to get a local SIM card on the way out and download the Grab App and order a Grab car.

Cheers

Sean

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
476 posts
122 reviews
4. Re: Which prepaid taxi company?

@ Sean;

Much appreciate your clarification -- Looking forward to my first visit. Thank you!

Reply to: Which prepaid taxi company?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted