We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can i visit Phuket from Malaysia

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
118 reviews
Can i visit Phuket from Malaysia

Hi. I am planning a trip for 5 days from Kochi to Kuala Lumpur and back. However, i also want to visit phuket for 2 days. What are the requirements for visa while i fly from Kuala Lumpur to Phuket and back to Kuala Lumpur

8 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,575 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Can i visit Phuket from Malaysia

You may need a visa to get into Thailand and you may need a visa to get back into malaysia. I suggest you use a search engine like google and research tourist visa requirements for your citizenship for visiting both countries. For Malaysia you will want to research multi-entry visas.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
142 posts
2. Re: Can i visit Phuket from Malaysia

rom were are you?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
118 reviews
3. Re: Can i visit Phuket from Malaysia

I will be travelling on Indian passport.

Barnoldswick...
Level Contributor
479 posts
210 reviews
4. Re: Can i visit Phuket from Malaysia

That's a lot to do in 5 days.You're going to lose most of one flying to Phuket and the same on the way back.

Why not try Penang or Langkawi and do Thailand another time?

Good luck.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
589 posts
209 reviews
5. Re: Can i visit Phuket from Malaysia

It's only 1.5 hr flight from KL to Phuket. So if it's your wish to get there, why not? The travel time isn't so simple though. From KL proper to the airport is about an hour. Immigration and customs requires maybe two. So from your hotel in KL to your hotel in Phuket, it could take 5.5 hrs, maybe 6 depending on immigration to Phuket.

You'll need to multi-entry visa for Malaysia and a visa for Thailand.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
118 reviews
6. Re: Can i visit Phuket from Malaysia

Is multi entry visa to Malaysia applicable for Indians still? I contacted one agent and he said it has been discontinued. Can anyone verify?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,777 posts
91 reviews
7. Re: Can i visit Phuket from Malaysia

We do not know the visa requirement ,you need to ask your embassy

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,738 posts
46 reviews
8. Re: Can i visit Phuket from Malaysia

For 5 day trip, it is not worth it to visit Phuket for 2 days. Better to use your time to explore more of KL.

A flight to Phuket will take to you a lot of time. This time can be better use to explore other parts of KL. Phuket is a beach destination, for you to relax, take day trip out to the islands, explore the caves..etc. You will need at least 3-4 full days to fully enjoy Phuket.

Reply to: Can i visit Phuket from Malaysia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted