We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 hours layover: enough for a trip to city centre???

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
10 hours layover: enough for a trip to city centre???

Hi everyone, please could you help me out with our trip? We will be coming from Bali with Air Aisa at 10.00 am to KLIA2 and have and international flight to Europe at 8.55pm from KLIA1-terminal M. I was planning to go to the city for that time as we have never been to KL (we are mostly interested in Petronas Towers). Now knowing we have to wait for our luggage, do the customs&visa, check-in at different terminal, I am not sure if this allows us enough time to go to the city and enjoy it and not sure what to do with our luggage? Shall we leave it at KLIA2? Or take it with us and hire a private driver and keep it in the car? Or go from KLIA2 to KLIA1 first to store the baggage there and leave for the city afterwards with the train, to be faster and avoid traffic? What is the easiest way???? Thanks a lot for help.

4 replies to this topic
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,564 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 hours layover: enough for a trip to city centre???

Go to KLIA1, store the luggage, take the KLIA Express train into KL Sentral, then switch to LRT to KLCC.

Assuming you clear KLIA2 by 11am, and get to KLIA and settle your luggage storage by noon.

By 1230 you should reach KL Sentral, and by 1am you should reach KLCC.

You need to be back by ideally 630pm, means leaving KL Sentral by 545/6pm, means leaving KLCC by maybe 5/515pm. That gives you about 4 hours at KLCC, which is just about right to have a look, and sit down for a nice cup of coffee.

Taichung, Taiwan
Level Contributor
689 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 hours layover: enough for a trip to city centre???

Agree with maic. Depending on how many in your group, you could consider a taxi direct to the Petronas Towers--might be slightly cheaper--but for return I would definitely stick with the KLIA Express. No need to risk a traffic jam.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
429 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 hours layover: enough for a trip to city centre???

Jana, you didn't mention which airline you are flying with from KLIA. If it's Malaysian Airlines, they allow for luggage drop off up to 24 hours ahead of your flight.

www.klia.com.my/index.php…

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 hours layover: enough for a trip to city centre???

Use the KLIA Express, the fastest and saffest. It will give you some hours to enjoy. You can buy the tickets on line, and it even has some discounts. See here how you can buy the tickets:

…blogspot.com/2018/05/how-to-get-from-kuala-…

Have a great trip

Reply to: 10 hours layover: enough for a trip to city centre???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted