We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grab Taxi from KLIA

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
69 reviews
Grab Taxi from KLIA

Can Grab taxis pick up from KLIA...and the next question is , would that be cheaper than a voucher taxi

47 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Grab Taxi from KLIA

Just turned from the region tx TA friends for all advice and guidance was put off from taxi due to bad experience at airport took the blue taxi coupon charged 150which was excessive...I believe the redcream cabs are cheaper the return journey in one was 100 so try to take one of those

NY
Level Contributor
327 posts
119 reviews
2. Re: Grab Taxi from KLIA

The regular taxi, ie red color are cheaper but the vehicle might be in a tough shape. Luck of draw. The blue taxi is the premium one, twice the cost of the regular one. The blue taxis are always nicer, cleaner and larger. I believe you can use Grab in KLIA but you may need to get the 6 seater one, cost more, if you have lots of luggage. Grab is always cheaper than regular taxis from my experience. I used it to go to KLIA.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Grab Taxi from KLIA

Grab from KLIA to the city is RM65 excluding toll charges.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
180 reviews
4. Re: Grab Taxi from KLIA

Grab and uber both can take you from airport to downtown KL.

Price is about 68-75. You can check the rates on your cellular before you book. Base on my past experience they maybe 5-10 cheaper than the airport cabs.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Grab Taxi from KLIA

For the past 3 trips from KLIA, I took GRAB. It offers flat rate (RM65) to KL destinations however it doesn't include toll charges. You can also request for GRAB 6-seaters if you are travelling with family members. From experience, the GRAB driver sometimes reluctant to accept payment by credit cards therefore your waiting time to get a driver is longer compared to payment via cash.

The price for airport taxi is slightly higher than GRAB but inclusive of toll charges. There is a special taxi stand in KLIA. Nevertheless, both Airport taxi & GRAB are reliable.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
69 reviews
6. Re: Grab Taxi from KLIA

Thank you for all the advise

Manchester
Level Contributor
669 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Grab Taxi from KLIA

Interesting to know as we were just going to take the premium taxi from the airport as there's 2 of us with a case each and a bit of hand luggage. Does anyone know the cost of the toll charges? I doubt there's much difference overall but it's worth knowing! We are staying in bukit bintang

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
69 reviews
8. Re: Grab Taxi from KLIA

That's where we are staying I think a voucher taxi is 100 including tolls so to be honest it's not worth waiting for the sake of a couple of quid

Singapore
Level Contributor
381 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Grab Taxi from KLIA

My recent GrabCar ride from KL city (near Berjaya Times Square in Bukit Bintang vicinity) to KLIA cost RM73 (RM65 fare + 2 tolls RM8). Uber's fare (excluding toll) was about RM10-15 more at the same time.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
37 reviews
10. Re: Grab Taxi from KLIA

So that means there are only 2 tolls are there in between KLIA2 to KL City ?

Reply to: Grab Taxi from KLIA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted