We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kyoto

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kyoto

I will have one full day in kyoto! I know its not enough time but I dont have the time spare unfortunately. Can you guys please suggest the must see places in this one day that I have (i think probably need to see the gold pavillion) but apart from that what else and can anyone suggest the best itinery and also any good restaurants.

Thanks a lot!!!

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,321 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kyoto

Kiyomizu and its environs come to my mind.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,872 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kyoto

You can go to Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion), then work your way back to Nijo Castle, Kiyomizu, then Fushimi Inari. Those would be my picks as each one offers something different.

Regarding restaurants, it's pretty useless to recommend a specific one as chances of you finding it is remote. Just stick to restaurants at train stations or pick anything along your route that looks good.

A very helpful website related to Japanese travel:

http://www.japan-guide.com

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kyoto

thanks you guys for the information,

sammyfloyd what would be the best way to travel to each of your sites by bus or subway/train?

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kyoto

I am spending a day in Kyoto in November. I would be interested to know how your trip went. How did you travel between the places?

Belo Horizonte, MG
Level Contributor
7 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kyoto

I'd like to know that too if possible.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,733 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kyoto

You might want to send a PM (private message) to the OP. Click on the blue link TravelMattbb.

7. Re: Kyoto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 15:47