We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hangzhou airport to city/west lake

bangkok
Level Contributor
154 posts
248 reviews
Save Topic
Hangzhou airport to city/west lake

Can anyone advise on transport options please. Is there a train?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
627 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hangzhou airport to city/west lake

this was what we did last week. we took the airport shuttle bus from airport to the railway station and then taxi from there to the hotel as our hotel was only 1 km away. the shuttle bus made 3 stops. you will have to check where is your hotel so that you could get off from the closest stop.

if you take the taxi from airport to your hotel, it will be quite expensive as airport is quite far away from hangzhou. i think the shutlle bus ticket was $22 per person.

by the way, make sure you have at least 2 - 3 hours to walk around west lake, thats the only way to appreciate the beauty of west lake.

hope this helps.

Edited: 27 April 2011, 00:04
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hangzhou airport to city/west lake

In all honesty just get a taxi and get straight to your hotel.

In reality it is not all that expensive working out the rates of exchange currently.

There is a little electric train that goes all round the lake and stop at the NAM PING BELL. many people walk all round the lake. Now is a good time as weather is perfect for a brisk walk.

opposite the Dong Po hotel is a great restaurant go upstairs and try their famous chicken dish. 5 minuites walk from the lake.

If you have time book a tour to Wuzhen watertown it is very very interesting.

Opposite the temple there is a little restaurant that cooks aged mutton outside it is delicious!

Watch out for the sharks (guys who try and sell everything to unsuspecting tourists) at the temple they will try and sell you candles etc etc at high prices!

Wuzhen is famus for it fabrics and the main colours are blue and white. watch out if you buy any when you get home hand wash them many many times as the dye just flows out!

The pearls they sel look good but .....

Buy some packets of paper tissues at the street vendors as a lot of the restaurants and toilets do nt have paper!

Have the name and address of the hotel written in Chinese chararcters fior everyone in the party.

If you have not been to China before the word for toilet is CESOU with the same little man and lady SIGNS.

Enjoy

Kind regards

Albon

Edited: 27 April 2011, 03:17
Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hangzhou airport to city/west lake

NO train from airport to Hangzhou downtown. It is bus or taxi. I attach the airport shuttle bus schedule and stops (2 stops in downtown Hangzhou - first stop is bus station 200m in front of hangzhou train station ... where you take fast G train to Shanghai, etc; and 2nd stop would be the Merchant Marco Hotel on Pinghai road .. about 500m from the actual West Lake .. If you want to travel back to the Hangzhou airport, get your ticket from the Zhongshan Hotel reception and wait to board the bus in front ). Airport bus shuttle is large and pretty clean and comes run every 15mins. If arriving at International section of hangzhou airport ... walk across and down to to the arrival hall section of the domestic section and the airport bus ticket counter and departure is right outside the exit gate. Cost of ride to hangzhou is Y$20 each.

travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/zhejiang/han…

I took this airport shuttle bus last Dec when I flew in with AirAsia overnight at Friendship Hotel (60m walking distance from bus stop at merchant Marco), enroute back to Shanghai and then Canada. Very convenient and very pleasant. Taking taxi in hangzhou city will need lots of patience .... They may reject you as on my return trip from hotel to hangzhou train station, my poor hotel concierge guy waited over 20 minutes in the cold winter trying to hail down a taxi for me. Manage to get after 6-7 rejections.

Taking taxi from airport should not be a problem. Cost is about Y$160 for trip to Hangzhou downtown. And ensure you get your hotel name and address or destination name written in chinese when you come to Hangzhou or any part of China. Taxi or bus folks here do not read or understand english.

Edited: 27 April 2011, 05:17
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hangzhou airport to city/west lake

Hi,

Please advise taxi cost hangzhou to hangzhou west lake.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hangzhou airport to city/west lake

Hi,

Please advise taxi cost from hangzhou airport to hangzhou west lake.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,694 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hangzhou airport to city/west lake

As above in #3

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hangzhou airport to city/west lake

About 100 rmb.

Canberra
Level Contributor
570 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hangzhou airport to city/west lake

Just take a taxi. By Australian standards it is very cheap. Our taxi driver even called the hotel to check the address as our Chinese version was very vague.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hangzhou airport to city/west lake

was in Hangzhou last month, take a taxi from my hotel (West Lake Area) to the airport, the fare is RMB 160 (as shown on the meter), so, from airport to the lake area should be around the same depends on the traffic.

10. Re: Hangzhou airport to city/west lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 05:13