We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri-La or Banyan Tree in Guilin

Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Shangri-La or Banyan Tree in Guilin

I will be traveling with my son to Guilin for two nights in April and am trying to decide between the Shangri-La hotel and the new Banyan Tree. Has anyone stayed at the new Banyan Tree? It is a bit more expensive than the Shangri-La, so I am wondering if it is worth the difference to stay there and how the locations of the two hotels compare.

Guilin
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Yangshuo County, Longsheng County
Level Contributor
575 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Shangri-La or Banyan Tree in Guilin

The price is about CNY1400 per night for the Shangri La and CNY2500 per night for the new Banyan Tree. Shangri La is located in Guilin city, beside the Li River, about 10 minutes driving from Guilin walking street. The new Banyan Tree is located in Fuli Town, about 15 minutes driving from Yangshuo West Street, Yangshuo is about 90 minutes driving from Guilin.

Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Shangri-La or Banyan Tree in Guilin

Thanks. Do you know which location is more desirable?

Guilin
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Yangshuo County, Longsheng County
Level Contributor
575 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Shangri-La or Banyan Tree in Guilin

If you stay in Yangshuo, you can consider the Banyan Tree, but not very convenient for night entertainment in Yangshuo, e.g. after the Impression Liu Show, you have to drive back to your hotel from Yangshuo to Fuli where the hotel located.

4. Re: Shangri-La or Banyan Tree in Guilin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2015, 10:46