We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longshen rice terrace day trip - advice on easy trails

Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
Longshen rice terrace day trip - advice on easy trails

Hi, I am traveling with my parents in early August to Guilin. Is it worth visiting the Longshen rice terrace in August?

if so, we plan to hire a private car because my dad cannot walk very far. Could anyone share an itinerary with viewpoints and easy walking trails, preferably near a village where my dad can sit down and rest?

Thanks much

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Longshen rice terrace day trip - advice on easy trails

there is no easy trail to get up there, one way in, one way out, nobody can tell a difference, when the car drop you at the parking lot , you can only hike to the view deck, at least half an hour hiking, and the way is not easy.

you can hire two local guys to carry your father up there with a chair, just in the gate, you can get this kind of service. it is gonna cost hundreds considering it is a tough job.

in Aug. it is worth a look. really beautiful, your family will like the place.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,916 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Longshen rice terrace day trip - advice on easy trails

August is a good time visiting rice terraces. But you never escape mountain hiking in Longji. Please seriously reconsider if your dad could overcome the mountain climbing there.

tantouzhai
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Longshen rice terrace day trip - advice on easy trails

It is also worth looking at a season,Is also a good place can escape the hot summer,But do not know to which terraces(PIN AN OR DAZHAI?)In my experience,DAZHAI is more worth to travel,because there more original Natural and less Business , However depending on your time and your dad, The best choice to go to PINAN ,There to provide the service of the sedan chair,The price is around 180RMB - 250RMB one way

Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Longshen rice terrace day trip - advice on easy trails

Thank you all for your reply and recommendation! I didn't know there's a 'chair transport'. I'll speak to my dad to see if he's comfortable.

5. Re: Longshen rice terrace day trip - advice on easy trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2013, 14:47