We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do i need a visa?

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Do i need a visa?

Hi :D

I was thinking about booking a return flight - Brisbane to LAX and on the return flight i have a 15 hr layover in Guangzhou.

Now, i have never been there before and dont want to waste a chance of seeing something new...

I'd like to know whether Australian residents and or passport holders can exit the airport for international flights within a 24hr period. Do i have to purchase some sort visa or can i do the same as any other place that we have a free trade agreement with?

I dont want to be stuck alone in an airport for 15 hrs -.-

I'm a female and will be travelling alone so any help will be very appreciated :D

(Should be there about 10th or 11th of july)

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,574 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do i need a visa?

Much quicker and accurate to get the info from official source.

au.china-embassy.org/eng/ls/t286322.htm

Shanghai, China
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Do i need a visa?

I'm working in shanghai do I need visa to visit Guangzhou? I have Philippine passport

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,862 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do i need a visa?

Mahal11, first of all please start a new thread next time instead of piggybacking on another thread.

As for your question, Shanghai is in the same country as Guangzhou. So as long as you are already in Shanghai you don't need a visa to go to Guangzhou.

Shanghai, China
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Do i need a visa?

Thank you so much for your respond :)

And I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude on this thread

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,814 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do i need a visa?

As much as the Shanghainese think they are different fron 'regular' Chinese, it is still in China.

Coolum Beach
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do i need a visa?

I have a 14 hour stopover in Guangzhou. do I need a visa if I stay in a hotel at the airport?

Asia
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do i need a visa?

Do I get it right that if you walk through the Immigration line, you need a visa? They don't check where you go (hotel at airport) or how long (less than 1 day).

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,863 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do i need a visa?

I spoke to some transit passengers at CAN yesterday and they (british) said it was easy to get a transit visa at Immigration to go to the Pullman Hotel at the airport, but I suggest you check with your airline to confirm whether this applies for YOUR specific situation.

9. Re: Do i need a visa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2013, 14:48