We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy paintings in Guangzhou?

Dublin
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy paintings in Guangzhou?

In Tianjin and Beijing there are many art shops where its possible to buy Chinese paintings on scrolls which i am a big admirer of.

I didn't see any such shops when I was in Guangzhou last time but presumably wasn't in the right area.

Can anyone advise an area where there are some art shops in GZ?

Thanks.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy paintings in Guangzhou?

Try Wende Lu although I have not visited Wende yet, I've been reading about it. Just google it.

Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
356 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy paintings in Guangzhou?

Yes, try Wen De Lu, very close to Bei Jing Lu. It's a street of shops selling paintings, calligraphy (less so though), frames etc. However, they're mostly for home deco purposes.

Also on Wen De Lu, up to the end in the north joining Zhong Shan San Lu, there's a big (probably) state-owned shop hosting exhibitions of and selling top quality Chinese painting and calligraphy. The name is troughly translated like Guangzhou Antique Store.

Hope this helps.

3. Re: Where to buy paintings in Guangzhou?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2010, 09:49