We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Women on business in Saudi

Helmsley, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Women on business in Saudi

I have to go to Saudi on business to lead a trade mission and will be travelling alone till I meet up with the rest of a mission at a hotel in Al Khobar. Will I be able to get through immigration alone and from the airport to hotel if they collect me without a chaperone? I am white UK citizen. I know I need to wear an abaya and cover my head.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,524 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Women on business in Saudi

Hi,

Yes, you will be able to get through immigration alone. Indeed, many women travel over here alone to meet up with their families. Who is arranging your transport to the hotel ?

Helmsley, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Women on business in Saudi

Hi thanks. The hotel will collect me

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,524 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Women on business in Saudi

Welcome, good that the hotel will collect you since the last thing I would do is to take a taxi from the airport.

Helmsley, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Women on business in Saudi

Really. Is there a problem with taxis in Saudi?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,524 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Women on business in Saudi

Hi,

I use a local company which is thoroughly reliable and trustworthy. However, I wouldn't trust the ones at the airport.

Belfast, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Women on business in Saudi

yes was there last week and was asked for 300 SAR but then charged 250 SAR for taxi to downtown. was at 3am so had no choice, should be no more than 100-120!

7. Re: Women on business in Saudi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 20:45
Get answers to your questions about Al Khobar