We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smart Tours May 2012 Cruise of the Czars

Rochester
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Smart Tours May 2012 Cruise of the Czars

My husband and I are considering this cruise for May 2012. Cruise ship is the MS Vasiliy Surikov. Any comments on this tour / ship? Also, before calling and asking Smartours... are most of the land tours included in the price? Should we get the insurance? Any comments on the weather in May? Any suggestions / comments would be appreciated..

thanks...

Michigan
Level Contributor
17 posts
303 reviews
1. Re: Smart Tours May 2012 Cruise of the Czars

don't have comment on the V. Sirikov but if you want a general comment on a Russian river cruise, we just got back from a 13-day one, Waterways of the Czars, aboard Viking Kirov. This ship was recently refurbished & looks great. Service is awesome; top notch. We were there Sept 28-Oct 10th, temp was between cold-cool; 2 "Indian summer" days, 1 rainy day in Moscow but otherwise fair condition most days. I imagine May would be similar. I hope this helps!

New York, New York...
2 posts
2. Re: Smart Tours May 2012 Cruise of the Czars

Would like information on the ship MS Vasily Surikov. We will be traveling from July 29 to Aug 9. When was the ship refurbished? What are the amenities? Which cabins are the most desirable in Category C. What are the rooms & bathrooms like? How are the meals? I am a vegetarian; will I have a problem?

New York, New York...
2 posts
3. Re: Smart Tours May 2012 Cruise of the Czars

We are traveling on the MS Vasily Surikov on the Cruise of the Czars with Smar Tours . What is the size of the rooms in Category C,? Which cabins are the most desirable in that category? I am a vegetarian; will I have a problem? In general, what is the food like? Add any information about the trip that you think is pertinent.

Halifax, Canada
10 posts
4. Re: Smart Tours May 2012 Cruise of the Czars

If you enjoy European River Cruising, the Russian River Cruises are not as good.

We returned from a June voyage - Moscow to St Petersburg. In hindsight we would have preferred to do a land tour that is based in hotels in the downtown core of Moscow and St Petersburg.

The boats dock in a remote area over 1 hour from the downtown core in both cities. Traffic is ridiculous.

Hope this helps

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
1 review
5. Re: Smart Tours May 2012 Cruise of the Czars

did you decide on this trip? I am looking into it, as well. Did you learn anything more about it?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
43 posts
157 reviews
6. Re: Smart Tours May 2012 Cruise of the Czars

Hi - I wonder what you decided to do. I am thinking about taking the 20 May 2012 trip. Did you learn anything that might be helpful? Thank you! Edna

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
43 posts
157 reviews
7. Re: Smart Tours May 2012 Cruise of the Czars

Very helpful. Thank you.

HOUSTON
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Smart Tours May 2012 Cruise of the Czars

We are booked on the SmarTours Sept. 17th Cruise of the Czars and are wondering if there are any electrical outlets in the cabin. If so, are they 110, or do we need to bring a converter and adapter?

Boynton Beach...
2 posts
9. Re: Smart Tours May 2012 Cruise of the Czars

Did you go? HOw was it? I am thinking of doing this cruise?

HOUSTON
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Smart Tours May 2012 Cruise of the Czars

We don't go until Sept., but I'll get back to you and you let know how it was.