We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catherine Palace and Peterhof tour recommendation

1 post
Save Topic
Catherine Palace and Peterhof tour recommendation

Hello. Can anyone please recommend a tour operator for a one day small group tour to Peterhof and St Catherine's Palace? Not looking for a private tour. We will be arriving in two weeks on a no visa 72 hour visit, so our time in St. Petersburg is limited. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Peterhof
Peterhof
Petrodvortsovy District, Russia
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
2 replies to this topic
St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catherine Palace and Peterhof tour recommendation

The simplest way is to go to the corner of Nevsky Prospect and Dumskaya street(at Gostiny Dvor ) and check out all the day tours from the many kiosks there, Most tours are in Russian but you will see most companies have at least one group for English. It leaves from that location in the morning and returns in the late afternoon.

Mentioned in this post
Gostiny Dvor
Gostiny Dvor
179 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
Croatia
Level Contributor
473 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catherine Palace and Peterhof tour recommendation

Being in St. Petersburg last week (for only four days), and having the same question as OP, I followed the advice given in the first answer - I checked on all the kiosks there and found out that (1) none of them have such a combined tour ("it's impossible" they said and "you must go to Pushkin on one day and to Peterhof on the next") and also (2) that all the tours are in Russian, not a single one in English (I speak some Russian, but feel more comfortable with English, and so does my son). Totally discouraged, back at my hotel I checked the things online and to my great joy found Feel Free Tour combined Pushkin + Peterhof daytrip. Ladies at the reception desk were kind enough to call the number for me and everything was arranged in a few minutes. It was a great day out, here is the review I wrote: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-… .

Hope this helps future travelers. And let me also say that this was a great solution on my tight schedule, because my other three days in St. Petersburg were so packed with city sightseeing that it would have been a pity to leave out all those interesting places and use two full days for separate trips to Pushkin and Peterhof .

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
Pushkin
Pushkin
Pushkinsky District, Russia
Peterhof
Peterhof
Petrodvortsovy District, Russia
Reply to: Catherine Palace and Peterhof tour recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted