We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Leningradsky station

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from Leningradsky station

Hi,

I will be arriving at Moscow Leningradsky station from st Petersburg. I am looking to grab a taxi from the station to my hotel 2km away as I have two kids plus big suitcases.

Is there an official taxi queue where I can join or is it really messy there? And recommendations which taxis to choose?

As I will be using the metro exclusively rest of the time in Moscow I am not sure if it is worth the effort of using an app.

Thanks

12 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
12,218 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Leningradsky station

> Is there an official taxi queue

I don't think so. But it used to be possible to order a taxi via your train car attendant, and the driver will wait for you at the platform. A bit expensive but zero hassle. Not sure if it's still available.

> or is it really messy there?

"Really messy" doesn't start to describe it.

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Leningradsky station

Is there a reputable company that I can arrange for a pickup at Leningradsky at a short notice ? I will be arriving at Moscow tomorrow.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
6,428 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Leningradsky station

Yes, Yandex...you can order on-line. I am sure there are also many others. Presumably you would want to be met with a sign of some sort since finding the cab might otherwise be difficult per Marassa’s advice.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Leningradsky station

Yandex taxi - 3$, Official taxi - $10

its up for you.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Leningradsky station

Get an app. Yandex or Uber. Otherwise you are surely mess up with all this slicky private taxi drivers on the railway stations. You will also not have problems with finding taxi with childseats because you can choose it in the app. You can order just 10 minutes prior arriving and dont waste time waiting, searching or talking.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 03:52
Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Leningradsky station

Ok, I assume there is free wifi at the train station for the app?

Moscow, Russia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Leningradsky station

Beware if the taxi driver shows you a yellow " official " rate card.Taxis don't seem to have a meter like you expect with a price on, they use GPS then multiply by km plus waiting time although you are moving all the time. We got ripped of on a 7km ride when the driver wanted 4000 roubles got hom down to 3000 but the correct price should have been about 700. We now write down where we want to go and a fair price ( we go on 100 per km ) and that seems to work.

St. Petersburg...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Leningradsky station

yes, but there is only 1 hall to use it. Its better to buy 5$ local sim card with internet.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Leningradsky station

Just buy sim card in st Petersburg

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Leningradsky station

Update,

I booked a taxi in Sapsan train and the lady on the train told me it’s 1000 roubles.

The guy met me at the carriage right after i got off the train with my name on a card so it was very hassle free. When we reached our hotel, he demanded 1700roubles... I refused to pay 1700 and after arguing with him for 15mins with the help of the hotel staff, he left with 1000roubles.

Such a horrible first impression of Moscow.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 19:03
Reply to: Taxi from Leningradsky station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted