We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moscow Metro Tour

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Moscow Metro Tour

Hi,

I am going to spend one day in Moscow in mid-July and would like to take a guided Metro tour. What is a reputable and budget friendly company to book a tour with? There seem to be a wide range of companies who also seem to offer a range of prices. Any help is greatly appreciated.

10 replies to this topic
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
6 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Moscow Metro Tour

Moscow Metro is beautiful! Each station has a unique theme. You will enjoy it. Try https://www.Fremad-Russia.com; we had a very good experience with them. They offer individual custom tours in Moscow and St. Petersburg.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2. Re: Moscow Metro Tour

Thank you very much. I just checked them out and they do not offer a Metro Tour.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28,811 posts
95 reviews
3. Re: Moscow Metro Tour

I hired Julia through Tours by Locals and she took us to the Novodivitchy convent and a tour of the metro of about 10 stations. She was terrific and if you just wanted to focus on the statons I imagine she would do that. She put together a couple of different tours for us so when you have a private guide you can always ask for adaptations and ask the price for that.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
677 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Moscow Metro Tour

Just my opinion, but you can easily see them independently with a Troika Card. Most of the best ones we found were on one line (Circular Line 5).

Komsomolskaya is the very beautiful yellow one with huge chandeliers, that was our favourite.

Taganskaya, Ploshchad Revolyutsii, Elektrozavodskaya, Novokuznetskaya, Teatralnaya & Mayakovskaya are ones you should definitely try to see!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
244 reviews
5. Re: Moscow Metro Tour

And the good old aunt Wiki is the friend of a sensible tourist...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6. Re: Moscow Metro Tour

What is aunt wiki?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
461 posts
26 reviews
7. Re: Moscow Metro Tour

Here is

http://mosburo.com/fifatourinenglish/

8. Re: Moscow Metro Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2018, 00:18

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
6,480 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Moscow Metro Tour

#2 - dear ex-YourMoscowGuru...so, any company? Would you care to elaborate? I am sure our REAL TA visitors and participants would appreciate you sharing your vast knowledge...or, as with your previous incarnation, do they have to PM and then pay for “advice”?

Moscow
Level Contributor
451 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Moscow Metro Tour

take a look at the ring line stations and the oldest stations

Reply to: Moscow Metro Tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted