We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu City to Bacolod, via Car - some advice please

Cebu
12 posts
Save Topic
Cebu City to Bacolod, via Car - some advice please

I am considering taking our car from Cebu city over to Toledu City and catching a Ferry over to San Carlos.

Having never taken this Ferry over to Negros, do not know the Ferry Sailing - departure times, sailing time nor price, anyone able to help with this?

I assume my destination will be Bacolod, as I also want to take a Ferry over to Panay, and I assume Iloilo will be where the Ferry lands. again any details on this Ferry crossing will also be appreciated.

Can anyone recommend if it is worth stopping to see the 'Iron Dinosaurs' (Steam Locomotives) at Victorias Milling Co or at Sagay City, home to legendary "Shay"? Appreciate any information on these steam locamotives?

Will probably stop over night somewhere fairly near to Bacolod, to make the Ferry the next morning. Looking for any reccomendations here on where to stay, inexpensively, and something a bit different?

Anyone know what the Cottage accommodation is like at the 'Kaitulari eco-tourism zone'?

http://www.kaitulari.com/home.htm

"Kaitulari is an hour and a half drive from Bacolod City. Going southeast to the town of Moises Padilla (more known as Magallon), you can then proceed to Brgy. Guinpana-an and you won't miss Kaitulari"!

So is it worth the hour and a half drive from Bacolod City to see this place 'Kaitulari' and stay overnight, and what will it cost?

Cheers.

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cebu City to Bacolod, via Car - some advice please

In todays, Wednesday 5/10, Sun Star issue Lite Shipping does not have the RORO Toledo to San Carlos listed.

E.B. Aznar Shipping Corp. does have it listed. I am assuming they have the same RORO as Lite. Their Cebu Booking office number is 234 4628.

Toledo - San Carlos

Daily 10:30AM, and 3:00PM

This would be the shortest way to Bacolod City from Cebu City.

They also list Tabuelan, Cebu - Escalante, Negros

Daily 8:AM, 4:00PM and 12:30 AM

This is a longer way to Bacolod, but you would pass by Sagay before getting to Bacolod.

They also have a Fastcraft for passengers only going from Toledo - San Carlos.

Daily 6:30AM and 12:30PM

albert

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cebu City to Bacolod, via Car - some advice please

This is an update to my post on RORO travel between Toledo, Cebu and San Carlos, Negros.

I traveled from Cebu City to Bacolod for 3 days last weekend.

E.B. Aznar does not have RORO service. Only Lite Shipping has the RORO. From Toledo the schedule departures are 7:30AM, 1:00PM and 6:00PM. From San Carlos 5:00AM, 10:00AM, and 3:30PM.

The M/V Lite Ferry 2 RORO has bunk beds on the top deck that are nice to stretch out on or take a nap. The trip itself is 1 1/2 hours.

There are now 3 fast craft type boats plying the same route.

Plan on arriving at either port 1 hour before departure. The offices are not open before that. When coming from Toledo do not let the fixers handle your paper work. You will be overcharged. On the San Carlos side no problem. No fixers. You will need photocopies of your vehicle registration to get the paperwork. The cost of my Suzuki minivan was P950 including the driver. The port fees amount to about P200.

There is a fee of P35 when disembarking at Toledo. Don't let the fixers tell you otherwise. They come on the ferry to your vehicle and try and rip you off. No fee when disembarking at San Carlos.

The road from Naga, Cebu to Toledo is now about 80% repaved. From Don Salvador Benedicto to San Carlos it is about 90% paved.

Road work is on going so be careful.

Time for my travel from Mactan Island to Toledo was 2 hours via Naga. From Bacolod to San Carlos 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

If you want to stay overnight in San Carlos as I did there is the Palau Beach resort 12 kilometers north of San Carlos on the national highway. P600 for twin bed room that is very nice and a pool that is well landscaped with a jacuzzi. Not much of a beach but with a pool like that who needs the beach. Very limited menu.

cebu city
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Cebu City to Bacolod, via Car - some advice please

hi! im diebhe currently working in cebu. im planning to go home to iloilo next thursday or friday and i want to try the land trip from cebu to bacolod and just take a ferry boat to iloilo. but my shift ends at 5am. i already got the schedule for toledo but its 5 am or 5:15 and so think i cant be able to make it in this time and the next sched would be at 10am and reach bacolod at around 7 or 8 in the evening.

iwant to be home in iloilo before the day ends.

is there any other sched or route for cebu-bacolod land trips?

thanks guys...

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cebu City to Bacolod, via Car - some advice please

diebhe,

The departure times you quote are from San Carlos to Toledo.

The departure times for Lite Shipping, Toledo to San Carlos are 7:30AM, 1:00PM, and 6:PM. The schedule is in the Sun Star Newspaper. I have taken both the 7:30 and 1:00 trip.

If you leave your job at 5:00 AM you should be able to make the 7:30 trip if you go to Naga and take that road across the mountain to Toledo. You want to be at the pier by 7:00 to process your papers. The best time to arrive at the pier is an hour before departure and before the Ceres busses arrive with all their passengers buying tickets. You will need a photocopy of your vehicle registration each time you take the ferry. The photocopy was returned to me after the paper work was filled out.

When you arrive at the pier in Toledo a new building on the left at the gate to the ship dock houses the office where you do your paper work. You can always let one of the porters, they wear IDs, take care of the paper work. I give my guy 100 for his time.

The cost for the driver and vehicle is between 1,300 and 1,400. Passengers are about 100-150 extra. My vehicle is a Suzuki multicab van. The price varies with the size of the vehicle.

albert

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cebu City to Bacolod, via Car - some advice please

diebhe,

The driving time from San Carlos to Bacolod is between 2-3 hours.

If you want to stop overnight about 1 hour from from Bacolod try the Mambukal resort. Rooms are about 1000 per night. When you come from San Carlos over the mountain the road comes to a "T", turn left for Mambukal, about 10km, or turn right for Murcia and Bacolod.

I have seen an ad for Pension Bacolod, www.pensionbacolod.com, that looks good and about the cheapest prices you will find in Bacolod.

Sori can't help you Kaitulari.

albert

16. Re: Cebu City to Bacolod, via Car - some advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 20:49