We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding reception venues in davao

aussie
4 posts
Save Topic
wedding reception venues in davao

hello, can anyone help me with nice wedding reception venues in davao?

Davao City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding reception venues in davao

The more popular wedding reception venues are usually hotel ballrooms. There's Marco Polo, Apo View, Royal Mandaya, Grand Regal and Grand Men Seng hotels to name the big ones. For non-hotel venues, there's the Davao Convention and Trade Center, Jack's Ridge, or maybe even Garden Oases.

Of course, Davao being a nature hot-spot and all, you can always opt for the more "exotic" locations such as the beaches of Samal or up the mountains. You can check out Eden Nature Park, or Loleng's Mountain Spring Resort, I guess.

Hope I helped somehow. :)

aussie
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding reception venues in davao

thankyou for your reply, trying to steer clear of the hotel ballrooms etc. eden nature park is too far away, although nice :). as for the resorts, we are going to pearl farm for our honeymoon and it would be too far and expensive to send and accommodate everyone.

jacks ridge is where i proposed, beautiful spot and is one of the front runners. might look into the convention and trade center and garden oasis to see what they are like. i just want somewhere nice, with good food being the key. there will be about 60 people attending.

thanks TheTelaiShow, you certainly did help. have a nice day

fairfield...
Level Contributor
888 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding reception venues in davao

....not mentioned by TelaiShow is the Waterfront Hotel. They have a very romantic wedding venue in their garden area with the ocean/bay in the background. You can have both the ceremony & the reception in that area, a very tropical atmosphere.. Contact a friend of mine, the manager, Bobbie.

....Jack Ridge will be my second recommendation.

....Congratulations & may you have a grand wedding. Enjoy Davao, my favorite city in the Philippines. ......:-)

Papalo

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding reception venues in davao

Good afternoon,

For the best venue and price, try Pearl Farm Davao Marina. Its in the city, on the coast, they have a beautiful garden for weddings up to 200 pax and, believe it or not, rates can go from 800 pesos per head....... good luck!

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding reception venues in davao

i have been told jacks ridge is very good,check out their webbsite..

think its jacksridgedavao.com

U>S>A>
Level Contributor
500 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wedding reception venues in davao

Hi Papalo,

Davao is my favorite city as well.. i often say if a person has not had a pineapple or mango from Davao they have never had a pineapple or a mango. the food there is outstanding and very reasonable, especially at some of the hotel buffet's. I've walked and walked the streets of davao and always felt safe and secure. Clean, beautiful city. Weather is also unique and beautiful.. Love Davao City..

Thomas

England
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wedding reception venues in davao

I recommend Robinsons highlands located in Buhangin..That's where I got married.The view is amazing!!!!

Chxsexy
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: wedding reception venues in davao

Hi meganw2010!

any idea on how much it cost per head at Robinsons Highland?

how's the food, then?

Can we just rent the place and hire some caterer?

can you give me contact details?

England
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wedding reception venues in davao

on that time,Robinsons only offer the venue so we hired our own caterer.we only paid 10k but that was 2005.I was the first one to get married there.we also provide our chairs and tables and sound system and etc..but I have heard they offer these services now.i just dont know their rates.

Chxsexy
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: wedding reception venues in davao

ok. thanks.

I hear that it is still at 10k now for 6 hours. i'm planning to have my reception there next year. i am based in dubai now. i already have contacted responsible persons who are responsible for the reception arrangement.

im planning to hire caterer only.

is the place nice? haven't been thre.

can it occupy arun 130-150 pax?

Get answers to your questions about Davao City