We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach resort

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
beach resort

Hi! I need suggestions for a great beach resort in the La Union area. I don't see a lot of reviews. Does this mean the beach in this area is not as nice? I will be in the Philippines mid-March until the 1st week of April.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Manila
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: beach resort

San Fernando La Union boasts of many beach resorts, but the beach are nothing special. If you are into surfing though, you can go to the vicinity of San Juan, La Union where the waves are bigger and is quite popular among surfers local and foreigner. If you want to see a great beach (almost white sand), you can go to Pagudpud in Ilocos, but that is around 4-6 hours away from San Fernando.

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach resort

Thank you for your input. Yes, I'm interested in surfing. I heard the lessons are really inexpensive. Any suggestions of resorts will be great.

Is La Union a remote area? not touristy? I'm trying to avoid the tourists. or any suggestions in the northern part without spending a day on the road.

Philippines
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach resort

How about Kapuluan Vista Resort in Pagudpud? The website (under construction) is www.kapuluanvistaresort.com

I read about the resort in the thread below. The resort seems nice.

marketmanila.com/archives/the-kapuluan-vista…

Baguio city
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: beach resort

Hi,

I recommend SUNSEEKERS VILLA at Bauang, La Union. A very private resort. Operated by a Filipina and a British. The place is super cool and cozy. It is at the corner of the beach that is why it has a great privacy. Me and my husband spend our weekend respite at this peaceful beach. We do night and early morning swimming.

5. Re: beach resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 13:49
Get answers to your questions about San Fernando La Union