We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife

Katherine, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Nightlife

Hey all chris from australia just wondering what the nightlife is, i went to Philippines early last year but did not have the time to do some night life sight seeing, if anyone happens to know the place well feel free to share some information.

Oh would it be safe for a foreigner to party by themselves?

I am very much also interested in doing some sight seeing really interested in finding more about the filipino background history.

I will be situated in Makati Manila, Philippines.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
14,655 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife

Makati is overall safe, head to Greenbelt and walk around for some nice places to party. Check out Havana there. IF you want to get into bars and chase girls, P. Burgos is the area for that.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,287 posts
1,882 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife

Watch out for the 'lady boys.' Sometimes the only way for me to tell is to look at their hands, especially if I've had a beer or two. I'm sure that you are quicker than me to tell!

For sightseeing, Intramuros is a great place to start, especially its San Augustin Church and allied museum. The latter closes from 1200 to 1300 for lunch if I recall.

The American Cemetery is also excellent.

Download a map of Manila's three fairly efficient (though inadequate as they don't go to all suburbs) elevated rail lines at www.urbanrail.net By changing from one line to another at EDSA and Taft stations via the footbridge, you can often get from Ermita and Malate to Makati quicker than in a traffic jam affected taxi. Fares are incredibly cheap: P12 to P15 a line (separate tickets required for the two lines).

Edited: 04 July 2012, 16:09
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
21,082 posts
1,449 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife

Yes many 'ladyboys' hang out around Havana and Greenbelt. Something I never noticed until relatives pointed this out to me. So tread carefully. Lol.

Tommo

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
14,655 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife

Oh please, lady boy paranoia. They are everywhere in the Philippines and where there are well dressed ladyboys as Tommo and Vic allude to, there is a good party place happening. They are a sign of a good times around, except if they are in the men.s room of course, not such a good time, well, ahh, maybe for some. Hubby said, the better looking the ladyboy, the classier the place is or the more fun to be had. Yes, I was a bit curious why he said that also ha ha. .

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
15,903 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife

<<<Hubby said, the better looking the ladyboy, the classier the place is or the more fun to be had. Yes, I was a bit curious why he said that also ha ha.>>>

-Your husband is 100% correct ;-)

6. Re: Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 01:46