We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sipan Museum and Bus Chiclayo to Trujillo

baton rouge
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sipan Museum and Bus Chiclayo to Trujillo

I am flying into Peru on Copa's flight into Chiclayo. I plan to see what I can of the Museum of the Tombs of the Lords of Sipan. My flight lands at 2:16 PM, and I know that museum closes at 5:00, so will I have enough time to actually appreciate the museum? I wonder if the museum has a place I could leave my luggage while we tour, or maybe I should just pay a taxi driver to wait while I'm in the museum? If I leave the museum at 5:00 PM, eat, and then go the bus station, I think I would do best to get a 7:30 PM ticket---does that seem right?

I understand that Linea supposedly runs hourly buses from Chiclayo to Trujillo, but I can't seem to book it on their website. Why is that?

http://www.transporteslinea.com.pe/index.asp

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Chiclayo
Chiclayo
Lambayeque Region, Peru
Trujillo
Trujillo
La Libertad Region, Peru
3 replies to this topic
Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sipan Museum and Bus Chiclayo to Trujillo

We spent 3 hours or so in the museum. I don't know anything about the airport in Chiclayo but assuming you get out of there fast I think a taxi to the museum in Lambayeque would take 20-25 minutes. We took a taxi from the bus station in Chiclayo to the shared taxi stand and took a shared taxi (and then it was a short walk). You can also take a minibus. Although shared taxis and minibuses leave regularly and I don't think you would be waiting longer than 15 minutes you could of course save time by taking a taxi directly to the museum. You have to check everything, even your camera, so they will store your luggage. So you might have 2 hours or a bit less. It will be a bit rushed but you will still get to see a lot. I believe the museum is closed on Mondays.

I don't know why you can't book the Linea bus. We went with Emtrafesa (recommended by our hotel). They have regular buses and we didn't buy tickets in advance. We just showed up and off we went. The bus ride takes 3.5 hours. We stayed in Huanchaco near Trujillo. We loved Chan Chan and Huaca de la Luna.

http://www.emtrafesa.com/

Mentioned in this post
Chiclayo
Chiclayo
Lambayeque Region, Peru
Trujillo
Trujillo
La Libertad Region, Peru
Chan Chan
Chan Chan
1,345 Reviews
Trujillo, Peru
baton rouge
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sipan Museum and Bus Chiclayo to Trujillo

Thank you very much. It sounds as though we'll be able to see the museum in two hours, though we may be rushed a little. It would appear that there are enough buses to Trujillo that I don't really need to worry about reserving ahead of time.

Mentioned in this post
Trujillo
Trujillo
La Libertad Region, Peru
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
7,454 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sipan Museum and Bus Chiclayo to Trujillo

Emtrafesa is the main company on that line, busses every 30 minutes i think.

Reply to: Sipan Museum and Bus Chiclayo to Trujillo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chiclayo
More Chiclayo Topics