We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Chiclayo

Italy
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Chiclayo

Hello TA'ers,

I'll be in Chiclayo next month and would like to do a couple of day trips whilst there. Does anyone know if it's possible to visit Tucumé and the museums in Lambayeque (Royal Tombs & Bruning) on one day, and then Batan Grande and Huaca Rajada on another day?

Also, if anyone can recommend a tour agency that runs tours to these places, and give me an idea of cost that would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Chiclayo
Chiclayo
Lambayeque Region, Peru
San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
7,351 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Chiclayo

My recommendation is that you stay in Lambayeque rather than Chiclayo. It's much nicer and you are right there for the two museums.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29…

(No reviews since 2012, so you'd need to check if it's still in business)

I hired a car and a driver to visit other sites. It wasn't expensive.

Edited: 17 August 2016, 16:35
Mentioned in this post
Chiclayo
Chiclayo
Lambayeque Region, Peru
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
7,454 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Chiclayo

There is frequent public transport to the museums to Lambayeque.

I've also been independently to Tucume by public transport.

Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
6,388 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Chiclayo

We visited Tucume in the morning and Lord of Sipan museum in the afternoon. That was a full day and we should have had more time for Tucume. We stayed in Lambayeque (nice town).

We took a minibus to Tucume from the market for 2 soles. We walked 2 km to the site. The visit was a bit confusing and we missed out on the main viewpoint (although it would have been a hot sweaty climb). There is a museum which is great. We walked to a viewpoint from where we saw some of the pyramids. We walked through the carob forest to Huaca Las Balsas, a partially-excavated pyramid famous for its cool murals. All ocean themes: waves, sea creatures and marine birds.

But (and this is what we missed out on) there is also a trail up the hill that leads to another viewpoint from where you can see all the pyramids and get a better idea of the scale of the place. We took a tuk tuk back to the town for 3 soles. And a minibus back to Lambayeque.

We then visited Museo Tumbas Reales de Sipán (10 soles). The museum is impressive. We spent three hours there. I am pretty sure it is closed on Mondays.

Italy
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips from Chiclayo

Thanks for the responses.

Does anyone know the cost of hiring a car with driver for the day?

5. Re: Day trips from Chiclayo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2017, 05:45
Get answers to your questions about Chiclayo
More Chiclayo Topics