We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buses between Trujillo and Chiclayo

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
buses between Trujillo and Chiclayo

I haven't managed to find any bus connections between Trujillo and Chiclayo other than a daily Cruz del Sur bus from Lima that arrives in Trujillo at 18.30. It seems weird, though, that such large cities relatively close to each other would have so few direct connections. Am I missing something?

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buses between Trujillo and Chiclayo

Yes.

I think Movil, Linea, and there is also a local line who's name I can't remember.

Do you not have any kind of guide book?

Teplicka Nad Vahom...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: buses between Trujillo and Chiclayo

Try bus company Emtrafesa. Any taxi driver from Trujillo knows where they have a terminal.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: buses between Trujillo and Chiclayo

Thank you for your answers. I do have the Lonely Planet guide book, which says Linea and Emtrafesa should have buses running between Trujillo and Chiclayo, but at least the webpage of Linea says that no buses can be found for that date (or any date I tried). It would be great to have an idea about the departure times so if the webpage isn't working properly, I would be thankful if someone could give up to date information.

Emtrafesa's webpage lists many connections throughout the day, but the first thing I found googling it was that in 2014 the line was suspended due to a fatal accident. Is the company safe?

Trujillo, Peru
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buses between Trujillo and Chiclayo

EMTRAFESA bus ride takes around 4 hours by regular bus and costs 14 soles. Try to take the direct ones, the bus ride is shorter, the buses are in better conditions, the VIP bus even has individual seats. I pay 21 soles for the VIP Bus. I buy them at Travelers Tours Peru (downtown), prices are the same but it is more location convenient (at least for me). The direct buses fill up quickly, but the regular buses are most likely to have seats available at the bus terminal even if you arrived 30 minutes before departure.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
16 posts
481 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buses between Trujillo and Chiclayo

A week ago I took the EMTRAFESA VIP bus from Trujillo to Chiclayo. 3-1/2 hrs direct. S/ 23. Very nice trip except for the blaring movies that run continually There are about 4 or 5 VIP buses through out the day. The regular ones run every 1/2 hour.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: buses between Trujillo and Chiclayo

hello, I just poseted exactly the same question. Good luck to use both! oh didnt realize there are anwers alredy

Edited: 29 January 2016, 07:03
Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
172 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: buses between Trujillo and Chiclayo

Hi Kristo,

Try these web pages : OLTURSA and TEPSA, myabe you will be lucky about the date and time for your trip.

Welcome

8. Re: buses between Trujillo and Chiclayo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2017, 02:47
Get answers to your questions about Chiclayo
More Chiclayo Topics