We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MovilTours: Chiclayo to Chachapoyas

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
MovilTours: Chiclayo to Chachapoyas

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has recently taken MovilTours night bus from Chiclayo to Chachapoyas. If so, please tell me about your experience. Road conditions, ability to sleep, safety, food provided?

Thank you so much!

Mentioned in this post
Chiclayo
Chiclayo
Lambayeque Region, Peru
Chachapoyas
Chachapoyas
Amazonas Region, Peru
Fiesta Restaurant Gourmet Chiclayo
₹₹₹₹, Peruvian, Latin, Seafood
Caserio
₹₹₹₹, Italian, Peruvian, Seafood
Cafe 900
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Peruvian, Cafe, International
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MovilTours: Chiclayo to Chachapoyas

It was a few years ago that I went, the road is almost entirely paved, but there may be repairs. There are parts that are a little bit rough or windy, but it isn't too bad. If they did provide food, which I can't remember, it probably wasn't very good! Always a good idea to bring a bottle of water and some snacks, anyways if you have dinner you will get to Chachapoyas in time for breakfast so that should do.

I also can't recall if they provided a blanket and pillow. Even if they did, the pillows on buses are kind of small so it's a good idea to have something of your own, and a warm jacket.

I wasn't concerned about safety. There were a few other tourists on the bus with me.

BTW when you get to Chachapoyas the people at some of the tour and hotels will be at the station soliciting. If you don't have a place I suggest instead going by taxi to the town center (Plaza), so you can walk around and book your own tours and lodging. Be sure to look at the actual rooms.

The tours leave around 8 or 9 and you should get there earlier than that.

Best place for coffee and breakfast is Panaderia San Jose

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g799618-d2…

Edited: 22 July 2014, 03:43
Mentioned in this post
Chachapoyas
Chachapoyas
Amazonas Region, Peru
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
10 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MovilTours: Chiclayo to Chachapoyas

Thank you mlgb, you are so helpful!!!

3. Re: MovilTours: Chiclayo to Chachapoyas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 11:45
Get answers to your questions about Chiclayo
More Chiclayo Topics