We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panama Beach Resorts and Golfing

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Panama Beach Resorts and Golfing

Howdie

A group of 60+ seniors want to travel to Panama in Jan 2011. We are looking at Coronado Beach or Playa PLanca for our stay. The girls want to shop and sit by the pool. The guys want to golf. Is there golf courses where you can golf and rent golf equipment? Does anyone know the prices for renting clubs and what the greens fees might be? IF you don't stay at a resort can you still use their course and pay to use it? . Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Las Margaritas/El...
Level Contributor
789 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panama Beach Resorts and Golfing

Hi!

Playa Blanca or Coronado? A lot of the locals prefer to golf at the Decameron. If you purchase a package with the Decameron your golfing is fairly inexpensive. I am sure it is open to the public and I think I was told that it is $75/for 18 holes plus a golfcart for 2 is $25. If you stay at the Decameron I believe it is around $44 or less.

As for the "girls" want to shop. The Decameron has 2 separate packages to go shopping. One is for the day taking a bus to the city for $20 and going to Albrook Mall (1-1/2 hour ride back to Panama City). The other is take a small bus to Penonomee (30 minutes) for $8 for 4 hours of shopping.

I don't know what the cost is to rent the clubs. Have your travel agent check with the Decameron. Also expect to do a lot of walking at the Decameron as it has 800+ rooms with no elevators. It is also 6 flights of stairs to the lobbies from the beach.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Mary

2. Re: Panama Beach Resorts and Golfing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 11:48