First trip out to the Maldives with Monarch (I know it's basic but I would rather spend the money on the resorts when we are out there) in about a weeks time.
Just wanting to check the latest rules on luggages. On the UK-Male-UK flights, we are entitled to 20kg each as check-in + 5kg each of hand luggages.
1. what are the rules on the seaboat transfers e.g. do they restrict us to 15kg per person on the check in luggages?
2. I have read a posting which says that, on the return from Male, we may not necessarily be able to take on board even drinks that have been purchased from the airport in Male if the size of the container exceeds 100ml?
3. How strict are Monarch on the 5kg limit with hand baggages - both directions?
4. At the airport in Male, is there a decent selection of shops to buy food etc for carrying on board?
5. Any other Monarch specific / seaboat transfer rules (Bandos, Kurumba, Olhuveli) that we need to be aware of?
Thanks in advance for your contributions.