We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to maldives in sep,any advice?

manchester
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
first time to maldives in sep,any advice?

I am thinking of going to the maldives in Sep and really cannot chose where to go. My budget is max £2100 each and we are interested in having a go at snorkelling,a gym,mixing with people over drinks in the evening. I see the weather is changeable in Sep, I dont mind a few days of rain, is rain likely to spoil such a holiday. Please help as I need to book asap,I have to go with Thomsons as I am amending another booking. thanks sue

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to maldives in sep,any advice?

Hi Sue

As you are restricted to who you can book with, It may help people comment if you could post a list of what resorts are available to you....also if you have a preference for a seaplane or boat transfer, and if your budget includes meals...

regards

Ian

Edited: 03 June 2010, 03:04
Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to maldives in sep,any advice?

Hi Sue,

And how long do you want to stay? One week, 10 days, 2 weeks?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,484 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time to maldives in sep,any advice?

like ian says .. since you are restricted to one tour operator, simply list the resorts they offer that fall into your budget . we'll comment and make suggestions from this concrete list, rather than pulling islands out of our heads with no idea if they are available from that particular agent. no point sending us off on a wild goose chase if you are limited to just a few options.

manchester
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to maldives in sep,any advice?

hi thanks for your reply, i was looking at meeru island resort,ari atol or cinnamon island. the other islands available are south ari,gaafu,south male,baa,noonu. we are looking to go for 2 weeks.ideally we want a water villa but would have to up our budget

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time to maldives in sep,any advice?

Hi Sue

The Thomson website isn't the clearest or most user friendly! Apart from Meeru and Cinnamon, what you have given us are Atolls (areas) rather than actual resort islands. You need to go down a level on the website and find out what islands are available in those atolls - then we can be more help.

SL

manchester
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time to maldives in sep,any advice?

ok thanks, Ill do that Im rubbish arent I? HA HA I'll be back soon

manchester
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first time to maldives in sep,any advice?

Right I,m back. these are the actual places I can afford to go to. Chaaya Island Dhonveli, Sun island, Meedhupparu Island Resort,Kuredu Island Resort, Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo,Hudhuranfushi Island Resort, Chaaya Lagoon Hakurra Huraa, Meeru Island Resort. Some of them I can poss afford a water villa, do I need to pay the extra? Any help at all regarding where to go would be a great help. Thanks sue

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first time to maldives in sep,any advice?

My opinion is:

- Dhonveli is fully built and with lots of OW: I don't like it at all...

- Meedhupparu: I don't like the island with all those wave breakers... The water villas look very good, if I would go to the island, I would choose them...

- Ellaidhoo: All the island is surrounded by wave breakers and walls at the beach: I would go to any other island. You see the wave breakers even from the OW...

- Hakuraa Club: it is not between my favourites: no reef and the water is very little deep, so with low tide you can't go inside the water...

My decision would be between Meeru or Kuredu, though I prefer little islands: I would choose the one with the style, bungalow and resort which I would prefer... I think I would choose Kuredu with the most luxurious bungalow that I could...

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first time to maldives in sep,any advice?

I also noticed Angaga came up when I did a quick search for Sepember - which would be a good choice if available.

I would say that as it's where we are going in precisely 25 days - not that I'm counting :-)

Ian

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first time to maldives in sep,any advice?

Oh yes, if Angaga is available, I would go there instead the options you gave without any doubt, ebenezer...

Get answers to your questions about South Male Atoll