We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
419 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Diving

Hi,

I've booked two weeks in Biyadhoo and have been looking into taking the 'Open Water' dive course.

I just wondered if anyone else has done this and, if so, how much work does the theoretical element of it take? I'm worried that I'll be spending hours in a classroom.

They also offer a Scuba Diving course, how is this different to the Open Water?

Thanks!

Robin

Ilkley
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Diving

I did all mine here in the UK but hubby did his course work and pool sessions here and then is open water dives in Egypt. This meant after the first two days of the holiday he could then dive me the rest of us. He said he was glas he didn't go the course work abroad as the lure of the bar would have been too great!!!

I am quite envious the thought of your open water dives in the Mlaldives - thats the way to learn to dive!!!

Softail

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
419 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Diving

Thanks again, everyone, great advice :)

13. Re: Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2010, 09:45