We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI Drinks, what if yours arent included? Reethi

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Topic
AI Drinks, what if yours arent included? Reethi

Wife and i continue to debate the virtues of AI or B&B

The facts are we drink a good bit at certain times, but are very specific in what we drink.Rarely drink in winter, mainly in the summer outdoors.Seasonal drinkers i guess.

I only drink JD and Coke, or Corona with a lime, never anything else.

Wife pretty much only drinks Bacardi and Coke, rarely anything else

Regarding Reethi, if those drinks were not included on AI, i would most likely be more than happy sipping on a cold Coke, or drinking water in the sun to hydrate.Same with wifey.

If JD and Bacardi were included we would drink a lot, hope my" "picky" drinking habits make sense.

So if AI didnt include my favorites, would AI be a good deal then if i could at that point definately do without alky drinks completely.

Or is coke and water enough alone to tip the scales .

To clarify, i we were at a party at home and the stuff we like to drink wasnt there, we wouldnt go get it, we would just drink pop and water, and be perfectly content .If its readily available we drink like camels, if its not, we could care less.

middx
Level Contributor
319 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI Drinks, what if yours arent included? Reethi

Hi, Well we went AI and I can confirm that bacardi is included in the AI! Don't know about JD, email them to check, they are very helpful.

Cheers

Jo

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI Drinks, what if yours arent included? Reethi

Agree with sandj1, send them an email to check.

Bonters posted recently that they were using lesser known brands than previously for some drinks, so definitely worth checking before you go.

Unless you drink gallons of soft drinks each, it definitely isn't worth the cost of AI. If you were drinking spirits with mixers, wines or cocktails, then maybe. Soft drinks/ water are reasonably priced IMO...we paid more in New York than at Reethi.

Email:

reservation@reethibeach.com.mv

Ian

Ps bear in mind Laura posted that there were possible internet issues throughout the country for the next few days, so keep trying if you don't get a reply. They have always been fairly quick to repond when we've emailed them in the past..

Edited: 21 April 2012, 11:51
suffolk
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI Drinks, what if yours arent included? Reethi

I can confirm that Corona is available at Reethi but NOT as part of the AI package. Bacardi is the same, available but probably now substituted by "white rum" on the AI.

With water and coke coming out at 4/5 dollars a go, how many would you get through?

The other question is would you be happy just eating in the buffet restaurant? Other dining options are available but not on AI so if you intend using those, then AI probably isn't the best option.

John

Boston UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI Drinks, what if yours arent included? Reethi

On the Bacardi issue, it is certainly included on the AI, but may not be branded Bacardi any more. However, they do usually have it and you have to request it specifically (as we found out with the Gordons Gin). It is still included on AI. I am pretty sure that JD is not part of the AI, BUT Jim Beam is, if that is an acceptable alternative for you? I recall myself and my buddy having several of those when trying to make our way through every conceivable advantage of the All Inclusive! However, on the whole, whether AI is best for you still remains very much a personal choice in my opinion. You can do it on B&B or HB for more or less the same price according to those who have done so. I have toyed with the idea but I think I shall remain AI to be honest. Just on the basis of peace of mind, and I did notice this time that anyone not AI, every time they visit one of the bars they naturally insist on signing their bills just about every time they order anything. I wouldn't want the hassle to be honest. As a foursome, with another couple, we would have the drinks all on one bill sometimes, sign every other day (sometimes not at all I feel sure) and you haven't all the time got that nagging doubt that they're gonna get things wrong and charge you for something you haven't had. I remember one particular teatime session at the Sunset Bar where they were so busy and flying round passing drinks out without writing anything down. I fail to see how they could have remembered who'd had what at the end, and I just wouldn't want that pressure all the time of making sure it was right, signing before you leave etc. BUT that's me - some others won't mind that at all. So far as the cost is concerned, it seems that there's very little in it. It's more about convenience and choice in my opinion.

Hope that helps

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI Drinks, what if yours arent included? Reethi

To clarify my earlier comment about AI.....when I said it definitely wasn't worth it, I was referring to if you decide to not drink any alcohol at all....

Drinking more expensive spirits, wines etc would soon add up to the point where AI is the cheaper option. As Bonters said it's all about individual convenience.

With regards signing etc., i can imagine it being a problem during busy periods. For us it was ok, we tend to only have a couple of drinks at a time, and they were ok with the signing thing. We had a system where they'd leave the signing until we next called in. When they brought our drink, we'd sign for our previous visit. Worked well for us, but like I said we weren't buying multiple drinks at any one session. I would imagine it would be best to sign as you go if that was the case....and like Bonters mentions, that's not for everyone.

Ian

Scotland
Level Contributor
374 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AI Drinks, what if yours arent included? Reethi

The other half and I must be alcoholics! When we looked at the price list and worked out what we would drink , AI was much cheaper for us! We are wine and spirit drinkers though. Also the other half likes to try lots of random spirits and drinks and always makes a friend in the bar man !

bath england
Level Contributor
622 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AI Drinks, what if yours arent included? Reethi

AI includes lunch and dinner so you need to look at complete picture if your happy with sharing a pizza for lunch but insist on a specific drink type/brand then paying as you go may suit you better.

8. Re: AI Drinks, what if yours arent included? Reethi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 03:47