We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reethi Beach

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Reethi Beach

Hi, going to Reethi Beach in July for my silver wedding anniversary. Can anyone tell me if they supply Beach towels, or do you take your own?

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,620 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reethi Beach

All towels supplied. Beach towels changed every evening by just leaving them on your verandah.

John

notts
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reethi Beach

Hi,

Looking at booking Reethi Beach for next feb. Can anyone confirm whether restaurants and bars have sand floors......we like our sand floors, we dont like our shoes! Also is the all inclusive package limited to certain bars and not others....dont want to be tied to one place.

thanks in advance of any help!

Mark

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reethi Beach

Bars have sand floors. Main restaurant has wooden parquet type flooring, Moodhu is wooden as its built over the water, the grill is part sand / part decking and the Saima garden is sand.

AI drinks are available at all bars, however AI drinks are only available at the Moodhu when having a meal.

Even though not all restaurants have sand floors, most people remain barefoot.

Ian

minehead
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reethi Beach

Never wore shoes for the whole 2 weeks while we were their in Feb, it was great.

So wish we were there now, enjoying reading Bonters Blogs !!

Ali

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,620 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reethi Beach

Ian.....my reply almost word for word!

Ali.....it is deffo a no shoes island but anyone intending to go on the technical "backlot" tour must wear at least flip flops.

John

Boston UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reethi Beach

What others have said. I can confirm cos I'm sat there now with no shoes! Only if you do the technical tour, do you need maybe some slip-ons, and you might also consider them for the Island hopping trip if you do it. My bruised liver is evidence of the fact that ALL Bars are on the AI. I'm just slightly disappointed that they no longer serve branded spirits, in the main. BUT the mixers are still the pucka stuff, which is perhaps equally important.

minehead
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reethi Beach

John

i forgot about that !!... i actually turned up without shoes for the tour as i " forgot i had no shoes on "..... i was allowed to carry on , but yes you're right its best to wear them for that.

Mr Bonters, i know how you must be feeling about leaving Reethi, its like time is on fast forward out there !!!!.....

Ali

8. Re: Reethi Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 15:47