We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returning to Reethi Beach July 2013!!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
106 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Returning to Reethi Beach July 2013!!

Just booked to return to RB summer next year, couldn't fault the place in November.

Thanks for the postings on the Forum, we orignally got a quote from H&J / Thomson, then one from Travelbag, about £500 cheaper, then back to H&J to price match.

In the end got H&J down to £3240 two weeks, B&B, direct BA flights, Reethi Villa. Counting down the months already!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Returning to Reethi Beach July 2013!!

I don't want to cause concern but surely BA will not have released their flights yet? Most scheduled don't confirm their flight times until 11 months before the flight time.

Just be very aware that your flights may change.

But besides, happy countdown!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
203 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returning to Reethi Beach July 2013!!

Woohoo! We have just booked for reethi beach too! Going in October for two weeks, staying in a water villa. Can't wait!

This will be our second trip to the Maldives, Our first being to chaaya reef ellaidhoo. Very excited about our first trip to reethi beach!

Edited: 20 March 2012, 02:38
Boston UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Returning to Reethi Beach July 2013!!

A booking that far ahead certainly IS unusual! I've done it with H & J about 14 Months ahead before, but that's always been about the maximum. But it gives you ages to look forward to it, which is half the enjoyment. We go out there this coming Sunday, and whilst we cannot wait, I know full well I'll miss the anticipation that's been with me for a long time now. And we have no holidays at all booked beyond that. Unlike me, I usually have the next one booked before going on the current one! :-)

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
106 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Returning to Reethi Beach July 2013!!

When we went last time with H&J we booked this early, they have given us the flight times etc but stated that the prices are subject to change in re. to the flights and as soon as they confirm the flights they let us know and if they are over 10% of the holiday we can cancel for free. We had to go through this system last time, and the prices didn't change at all in terms of price.

Can't wait to get back, this will be our 4th time to the Maldives having falling in love with it in our first visit in 2003, but Reethi is the only island I've wanted to return to!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
203 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Returning to Reethi Beach July 2013!!

I appreciate I have until October (arrive 9th October for 2 weeks) to work this out but wondering which water villa's people would recommend at Reethi Beach? I want to try and put a request in with the resort closer to the date!

We want to be able to swim/snorkell direct from the WV (seems some have beach under them), would be nice to be able to sunbathe out there the majority of the day and if possible get a view of the sunset.

Recommendations please :)

Paula

Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Returning to Reethi Beach July 2013!!

Going to the Maldives for the first time in October for our Honeymoon, staying at Reethi Beach, cant wait!!

Also wondering which are the best water villas for location?

Any other information would be great!!

Boston UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Returning to Reethi Beach July 2013!!

We've not actually stayed in the water villas but they are all together in a crescent shape at one end of the Island. I cannot see that it will make a significant difference which one you had. I know someone has said that they actually had beach under theirs, but this was due to the time of year. As the name suggests, they have water under them for the majority of the time. Bear in mind also that any specific requests will only attract lip service at best. It's a nightmare for them to try and comply with specifics like that, which would have to be carefully planned well in advance. I always think you are better off seeing what you are allocated and giving it a couple of days. Then, if you think there is one you'd prefer, put in a polite and discreet request for that villa as soon as it becomes available. They are much more amenable to doing it that way, and while you're there, all the staff will bend over backwards to grant any reasonable request.

Just my suggestion of course

plymouth
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Returning to Reethi Beach July 2013!!

So in July (the cheapest month) all inclusive would be about 5000 pound in a standard villa as much as I love reethi that price is just not value for my money

9. Re: Returning to Reethi Beach July 2013!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:46