We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just booked chaaya reef ellaidhoo - few questions

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
just booked chaaya reef ellaidhoo - few questions

hi all!

after lots of deciding we have finally booked chaaya reef for 2 weeks in december and after looking at pics on utube are very excited! we have booked the garden room as this was the cheapest (more money for excursions!) i was just wondering a few things; has anyone stayed in the garden room? are they as nice as the beach bungalows look? are they actual bungalows also? does the garden room also have an outside bathroom? what plug adapters do i need? do they supply shampoo etc? sorry for all the questions! thanks :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just booked chaaya reef ellaidhoo - few questions

Hi

There are pics of the standard (garden) rooms on the following link. Haven't stayed here, but they look as if the main difference is location ie not directly on the beach. Looks like an outside bathroom, and plugs will be standard UK 3 pin. According to the website, toiletries are provided.

chaayahotels.com/ChaayaReef_StandardRooms.htm

Lots of info on the website.

SL

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just booked chaaya reef ellaidhoo - few questions

thank you so much! they look fab! will definately save on packing towels toiletries etc! more room for sunlotion!

Norfolk
Level Contributor
67 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just booked chaaya reef ellaidhoo - few questions

We stayed in a garden room in January close to the swimming pool and bar which was a very good location for us as we spent most of our days there inbetween snorkelling on the fantastic reef.

They do have outside bathrooms and as previously stated toiletries although due to allergies I always take my own.

The room was quite comfortable and well furnished although very dark, but this seems to be a problem with most of the rooms in the Maldives, we just got used to it. We really didn't spend much time in the room other than to sleep and we found the bed comfortable.

I hope this helps.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just booked chaaya reef ellaidhoo - few questions

thanks Anna5! thats great, we stayed at club faru last year and found the bed a bit uncomfortable, although we did love the island so its nice to hear the bed is comfortable! its good to hear the bathrooms are outside, i have never expereinced an outside bathroom so that will be a first! did you get allocated the room or did you contact the hotel in advance to request a certain room? is the mini bar included in the AI do you know? thanks again!

Norfolk
Level Contributor
67 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just booked chaaya reef ellaidhoo - few questions

We were allocated a garden room on arrival but changed the next day as there was building work going on directly in front of us we only moved 2 doors along but it made the difference. There was no problem about being moved but not a lot of choice as the island was very busy.

No mini bar included but bottled water was left each day, and as we were only steps away from the beach bar so that certainly wasn't a problem.

I really liked the outside bathroom, but it was the place where mozzies would gather for their nightly ambush so take a good repellent.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just booked chaaya reef ellaidhoo - few questions

Hi

Just returned yoiur pm - have a great holiday! We emailed the island about a week before arriving to request a room within a range (we booked a superior room) The island replied with 24/36 hours and, although we didn't get quite what we wanted, they had details of our request on the booking paperwork so they do make a note.

There was a plug in mozzie machine in the superior rooms which took tablets - not sure about the garden rooms but could be worth packing a few in case.

Don't rely on the provided toiletries - they weren't topped up with an frequency. 2 small bottles of water were provide daily in the room but minibar NOT in the AI. The island was also doing some deals on laundry (add on 10% service charge and 6%gst) which might reduce your packing.

H

Sidcup, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just booked chaaya reef ellaidhoo - few questions

Hi, what a fantastic choice you have made, will be there in 3 weeks myself for the 2nd time. Garden rooms are the same as beach huts more or less, they do have an outside bathroom but only with a shower ( there are 2 gardens rooms that have very small baths and i mean small) plugs sockets are the same as the uk so no addaptors needed. There is a forum for Chaaya reef called Chaayamaldivesforum, i found this really helpful before my first visit and has answers on lots of topics. Any problems you have there you will find the staff more than willing to help out, they are all amazing.

If you require any further answers please dont hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Ian

Brighton
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just booked chaaya reef ellaidhoo - few questions

We have stayed in the garden rooms on a couple of occasions. Very comfortable and easy access to beach. Others have commented on bathroom, plugs etc. What I would add is that they now allocate sun beds and you will find ones with room number on them - great idea as it saves you wondering which ones are available.

You will love Ellaidhoo, very jealous and wish I was going back soon,

cardiff/wales
Level Contributor
362 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just booked chaaya reef ellaidhoo - few questions

Hi Hev30,

Re : garden rooms.... Toiletries will be replaced if you ask your room boy

.Hair dryer provided..

There is a mossie plug-in in a draw and if you haven't got one they will provide it !!

Spa is fab and well worth a few visits,they have a fab couples package.

Also they now do all your holiday washing to take home for $50 thats ironed as well!!

Sue

Kent
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just booked chaaya reef ellaidhoo - few questions

Hi Sue

Just read your post and going home with clean laundry sounds excellent - especially if you have to return to work next day.

Roma

Get answers to your questions about North Ari Atoll