We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanjong Jara

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Tanjong Jara

Hello

We are from the UK and are looking to book this hotel but was wondering if anyone knew the price of food and drinks at the hotel as it is only possible to book bed and breakfast. Thank you.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
220 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tanjong Jara

Tanjung Jara is off the small town called Dungun (Terengganu) in East Coast of Malaysia. At this time of the year, the monsoon season is hitting the East Coast. Luxury resort and not many local can afford it. You can arrange to have some activities such as Batik printing and maybe snorkeling in Tenggol Island which is an hour boat ride from the Dungun Jetty. The local foods in the Dungun Market is superb and yummy too. Try out the East Coast delicacy .... the Keropok Lekor and Keropok Keping with the Nasi Dagang (glutinous rice) or the Nasi Minyak (local curry rice)

My advice is to take the weather into consideration as I was told it is pouring heavily everyday now.

Good luck and have fun

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tanjong Jara

Thanks for your reply. Do you know the price of food at the Tanjong Jara as there isn't any information on the website. Also, is it easy to get a taxi to the restaurants or do I need to hire a car from the airport?

Many thanks.

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tanjong Jara

Tanjong Jara have their own Restaurant. But the price are not available on the web. Well I assume for Lunch ,its will cost you RM30 to RM40 per meal ..depends on which food you choose. Its little bit pricey as its 5 star Resort.....Well ,if you try Chinese Food,you need to walk around 20 minutes,to cross traffic light for Chinese Restaurant. Well you also can walk to Dungun Town.which will take 30 - 40 minutes ,then grab the taxi to back Tanjong Jara. Otherwise you also can make arrangement with receptionist for taxi.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tanjong Jara

Many thanks for your reply. We are also thinking of doing 5 nights at the Tanjong Jara and 4 nights at the Taaras in Redang, is it easy to get a txt from the hotel to the jetty? Do you know the price it would be? Thank you.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
220 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tanjong Jara

I am not sure you will be able to go to Redang in January as it is considered the Monsoon Season (Raining Season) and the East Coast (Redang is in the East Coast region) sea condition can be notorious. Most resorts are closed during this season. You might need to check and confirm with your tour operator.

Tanjung Jara food may cost more as it is a resort and considered as 5 stars resorts. Check with the resort if they provide shuttle service to Dungun Town or check out the Chinese Restaurant (Wee if I am not mistaken) as suggested by redangisland across the main road.

Good luck

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tanjong Jara

Thank you for your reply. We were looking to go next July or August when I have read that the weather is good. We are also thinking of doing 5 nights at the Tanjong Jara and 4 nights at the Taaras in Redang, is it easy to get a taxi from the hotel to the jetty? Do you know the price it would be? Thank you.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tanjong Jara

Hi,

as you mentioned July/August and going to Taaras(under Berjaya), there is a ferry of Berjaya that leaves from ShahBandar jetty in central Kuala Terengganu, instead of taking the ferry from Merang which is further North.

The last I drove from Tanjung Jara for sightseeing in KT, took me about 60+mins.

The jetty is just across from the Tourist Info center in Bukit Puteri.and close to the Chinatown.

The issue is taxi over here are very old and slow and can be rather uncomfortable..though sure lends a local flavour to a wholesome experience in this part of the world..so there are two ways : when you take the taxi from the airport...speak to the taxi driver to make the arrangement or opt for TJR own limo.

As the resort is closed now until end of Jan 2016, am unable to get a on the spot prices for you.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tanjong Jara

Many thanks for your helpful reply.

9. Re: Tanjong Jara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2016, 10:47