We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel room - need windows that can open

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel room - need windows that can open

For medical reasons, I can only sleep in hotel rooms that allow a window to be opened. It need be only a few centimetres, but it must be open.

Does anyone know a hotel near KLIA that has rooms with such windows?

If so, please advise.

Thanks.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
264 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel room - need windows that can open

I have stayed at Bary Inn, Concorde and Sama Sama - budget, midrange and 5 star, and they don't windows that can be opened. I am not sure if there are rooms at Concorde which meet your requirements. It is sprawling kind of place. But I have not come across even one in the last 15 years. One option is to stay at homestays which essentially are houses with rooms to rent which would have what you want. May notbe very comfortable.

Edited: 07 January 2017, 12:03
Mentioned in this post
Bary Inn
Bary Inn
153 Reviews
Sepang, Malaysia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel room - need windows that can open

Thanks for your reply. As to the Concorde, I have stayed there and was put into a room with sliding windows.

On its website it mentions it is still closed due to a fire months ago.

I tried the Sama Sama and they confirm NO OPEN WINDOWS. The Sama Sama Espress at KLIA2 only takes folk who arrive or depart from KLIA2. And I arrive and depart from KLIA.

As to home stays....I am open to that, but am traveling with a person who prefers branded hotels to any boutique or independent forms of accommodation. Hence my search will continue.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
264 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel room - need windows that can open

I don't think the Sama Sama Express has opened windows. When there are multiple storeys, you can be sure that there will be windows but very few enabled to be opened. It is just extra responsiblity for the hotel. Good luck with your search.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
264 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel room - need windows that can open

It is a slow Saturday and I am intrigued by a health problem that requires an open window :)

try the Avani Sepang Gold Coast resort, a beach resort and I could see sliding door.

Mentioned in this post
Sepang
Sepang
Sepang District, Malaysia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel room - need windows that can open

Hi the problem is long standing and relates to my breathing.

I will look at the Avani Gold Coast, but I think it's far from the airport and I want something for 1-2 nights very close to KLIA or KLIA2.

Thanks.

Level Contributor
5,891 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel room - need windows that can open

I gotta admit that I was left scratching my head saying you have a medical condition that requires an open window (guessing you more mean it's better to have a window open for your condition).

Have you tried searching for serviced apartments? Most of them have verandahs that you could just leave the door open a crack.

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
12,334 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel room - need windows that can open

I don't think anyone should have to explain their medical conditions to strangers. It should be sufficient to say they have them.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel room - need windows that can open

True, but I am sure the concern was meant in a nice way.

Level Contributor
5,891 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel room - need windows that can open

Can't say I've seen any posts that have asked what the problem was tbh, just a curious one as ive not heard of that need before. But like I suggested earlier, serviced apartments might be the go if they are wanting fresh air in the room. Id have a look on a booking page like agoda, and filter the results for rooms with a balcony to assure you get the correct room op.

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel room - need windows that can open

You can find best hotel room comparison here :

https://goo.gl/Cx7Ojb

Get answers to your questions about Sepang
Recent Conversations