We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rasa Ria Wedding

England
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rasa Ria Wedding

Hi,

I am getting married next year in Borneo and we are thinking of having it at Rasa Ria. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of a wedding there, anything to look out for?

We are may be having a beach bbq in the evening and have been told that sand flies may be a problem?

Any advice would be very welcome!

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rasa Ria Wedding

Hi Kate83,

Congrates on your upcoming wedding! =)

I have not have my own wedding in Rasa Ria but as a wedding planner, so far i have only received good comments from my clients. They do organise beach wedding beautifully at Rasa Ria. No worries.

As for the sand flies, it is seasonal. Depends what month do you plan to have your wedding here.

Do have a beautiful wedding in Sabah! Cheers! =)

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rasa Ria Wedding

I attended a wedding there last year setup according to what you're looking for.

It was a beautiful ceremony on the beach amongst burning laterns, the smell of BBQ and all on the beach from a Gazebo there set towards the side just a few stumbles away from the restaurant there.

The entire setup was on the sand, and although the DJ had the Gazebo to his disposal for the dancing afterwards, people were dancing in the sand and there were a couple of drinking related activities in the sand as well. I'm usually a nice snack for sandflies, but wasn't bothered by them. I think they either treat the sand, or rake it regularly which takes care of that.

It's a great venue for a memorable wedding, and Sabah's sunsets will provide you with a magnificent backdrop every time.

You can contact the Rasa Ria for your wedding on rrr@shangri-la.com and they'll give you options and quotes for your wedding.

Congrats, and good luck.

3. Re: Rasa Ria Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2010, 10:46